Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Engine Swap And Mods For A Mk1 Cl

Jay T.I.P

Okay so I have a bog stock 1.4 16V CL MK1 Focus in pink, damn I mean red, I'm going for a nice long, hard finger battering on swapping the engine out to a ST170 2.0 engine, then I'm gonna turbo it with a 4-2-1 Manifold, Tubular race pipe, de-cat and a 6x4 oval tip exhaust, on top of that lower it by 60mm all round and stick a set of 16's on it (if I can, need your advice)

Or would it just be better I drop this on it's head and buy a ST170? and mod that?

I'm 20 and only JUST passed my test......

Just buy the st170 and go from there. It will be cheaper in the long run. As its not just the engine you need to think about but brakes, suspension also, never mind the insurance.

• 5 weeks later...

Just buy the st170 and go from there. It will be cheaper in the long run. As its not just the engine you need to think about but brakes, suspension also, never mind the insurance.

Insurace would batter me on the ST170 2.0.....

Insurace would batter me on the ST170 2.0.....

Insurance would batter you more if you told them the mods, I know its done but it goes pear shaped when you have a shunt and they check your motor. if you want to mod it like you said, the cheapest way is to buy a crashed damaged 170, strip it and fit to your Shell, that way you get everything all the toys etc as you use 170 harness ecu clocks locks suspension brakes you get the picture, then you sell on what you dont need and stuff off yours to recoup some of the cost. for the turbo bit thats another story, it aint cheap you cant just chuck a turbo on and thats it, you would have to drop the compression ratio of engine,manifolds and downpipes, intercooler and pipeing, then get around your ecu crapping itself when it sees the boost, and get it mapped in so you dont go lean when boosting and melt your nice st170 engine. If i was you I would stop at st170 engine and a remap and have a quick reliable motor.

Honest truth forget it drive the 1.4 get some no claims and buy a st later try getting qoutes i doubt youll have that kind of money to spend each month

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club