Do Not Sell My Personal Information

mk5 fiesta 1.25

danny2252

hi this is my first post so hi im hoping to get my first car soon a mk5 1.25 fiesta how much should i be paying for a decent car with about 60k on the clock on about a y plate and is there anything i should look out for with these cars a few of my mates say dont get a ford but i love fords my dads allways had them and i dont think i could live without one hahah lol cheers danny

alright man i got a mk4 fiesta 1.25 1996 76,000 miles for 250 had a few tiny problems door locks needed looking at but mechaically sound i would reckon about 800,850 quid for a mk5 1.25 on an x or y im not a ford expert but check if the cambelt has been changed,the door locks are a nightmare on fords too,rust on the sills etc, just service history really stuff like that hope this helps

Millsy

hi this is my first post so hi im hoping to get my first car soon a mk5 1.25 fiesta how much should i be paying for a decent car with about 60k on the clock on about a y plate and is there anything i should look out for with these cars a few of my mates say dont get a ford but i love fords my dads allways had them and i dont think i could live without one hahah lol cheers danny

Lots for sale, but not all that that many of them have only 60k on the clock.

I'd say you'd be looking at somewhere in the £1200-£1500 range for a good lowish mileage one from a private seller.

Great cars in my opinion.

cheers thanks for ya help thats the price i had in my mind really between the 1.25 and the 1.3 which is the best i no the 1.25 is moden and 16 v and has 15 bhp more but is the 1.3 engine just as good plus it doesnt have cambelts does it so thats less work for me lol

the 1.25 is miles better than the 1.3 its quicker off the mark and through the gears, the 1.3 is a bag of spanners at idle too and 1.25 and 1.3s are about the same price the 1.25s are pretty reliable just check cambelt really and they use a bit of oil not sure about the 1.3s probally the same sort of thing

millsy

cheers thanks for ya help thats the price i had in my mind really between the 1.25 and the 1.3 which is the best i no the 1.25 is moden and 16 v and has 15 bhp more but is the 1.3 engine just as good plus it doesnt have cambelts does it so thats less work for me lol

I just got a Y reg 1.25 16v, 40k on the clock. Bought it from a from a ford dealer on saturday and paid £1300 with a years tax and MOT on it. Thought that it was quite reasonable cause its as clean as it was the day it came out of the factory! :)

great nice one guys 1300 is a very good price its just the insurance price which is going to kill me its about 2k since im 17 feels like im just putng money down the drain

• 2 weeks later...
Know EXACTLY how you feel, im 17 too. Expensive isnt it?! haha

me three, i am also 17 and getting my 1.25 encore this weekend, i now have to save up for insurance before i can drive it which will be about £1800, i think we are all riding the same rubbish boat!

I recently sold my MK5 fiesta with 69,000 on the clock and got £1,600 for it.

Just to make you feel great, im a girl and my insurance was only £450! (I'm 19 now!)

I recently sold my MK5 fiesta with 69,000 on the clock and got £1,600 for it.

Just to make you feel great, im a girl and my insurance was only £450! (I'm 19 now!)

Wow i'm 21 and i pay a hell of a lot more than that! Thats amazing!

Yes, but you're a bloke and insurance companies prefer ladies as they reckon they are safer drivers.....................:rolleyes:

Yes, but you're a bloke and insurance companies prefer ladies as they reckon they are safer drivers.....................:rolleyes:

Or maybe their accidents just dont cost as much to fix :ph34r:

im 20 and mines 570 for a 1.25 mk4 although it was 640 for a clio 8v hmm strange

That was as a named driver.

I'm on my insurance alone for my mk7 and its still only £550. my OH has a mk5 fiesta and he pays over £1000 a year having had his licence 2 years but he is the motor trade which bumps it up a bit.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah thanks for cheering us up with that :o haha Cant wait till it starts to come down, be a while yet id imagine

Its cos all girls crashes happen in a tesco car park when they dont look haha

SINCE IV BEEN DRIVING (2 YEARS) ive had one crash and it was a woman who pulled out on me apart from that no bumps, scrapes or anything. Pretty good going.

Im 19 and my insurance for my 2001 fiesta black 1.25 Zetec S is very high compared to most of you! Around £1,300

My car cost nearer 2 grand but its because its the special edition one, with lots of lovely extras!

FORDS = HIGHLY RECCOMENDED , excellent cars

Hahah! My Mum has had 2 crashes in Tesco car park. Both were not her fault though, and both were men running into her!