Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2013 Focus 1.6Tdci Titanium.

baldinio

Hi there,

I'm just in the process of replacing my 57 plate 2.0tdci with a 13 plate 1.6tdci. After doing more research i'm reading alot about the actual mpg achieved. Can anyone shead any light on this as it was one of the selling points i went for. I figured I wouldn't get the 67 mpg claimed (but was hoping for high fifties at least) but I'm reading some reports of as little as 45. Anybody any wiser?

What sort of journeys are you going to be doing, that will affect MPG considerably.

Mainly motorway. 60 mile round trip comute. Chose the titanium for the cruise control. Average around 45 at the minute in my 57 2.0 tdci so was hoping for better.

Well on my 170 mile trip back from Cornwall, not driving particularly economically on about 50% country roads, 50% dual carriageway I got 53MPG from my 2.0 TDCi. I know it is not the engine you are getting, but the 1.6 should be even better than that in the MK3 with the same efficiency improvements of this gen.

My dad who has the same 1.6 TDCi 115 PS engine in his 207CC (about the same weight as a Focus), is getting about 60 MPG on his 55 mile round trip which is 90% dual carriageway - although he does drive more economically than me :D

Cheers. Pick it up Thursday so will soon find out!

I average around 50mpg and have a 60 mile round commute, so my car spends its life on the A421 and M1 cruising at 80. I'm not a particularly economical driver, and I have only recently started to average 50, when I worked closer to home I was mainly getting about 45.

The highest I've ever seen on mine is 56 I think. Best advice I can give is ignore the quoted figures entirely, they aren't real world.

Also, as a comparison, I'm running a 1.6 tdi bluemotion passat from work and that is saying 35mpg average!!

I can get better than that in my 2L driving like a loon on a 2 mile trip back home at lunch time!

(Tried it a few days ago, lol).

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club