Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus 1.6 Diesel

Cityfan449

Hi there I'm new to this site. I recently bought a 59 plate focus 1.6 diesel estate and already had to change the air intake pipe but now when I change to 2nd gear my car starts juddering as if its going to cut out. As soon as I change to 3rd gear it's fine.

does this judder occur in any other gear (for example, when your slowing down at traffic lights, or off a main road onto a roundabout?)

Not as much as when going slow in 2nd gear.

Where did you buy it from? id take that back and get them to fix it

I've had it 4 months now.

I beleive you get 6 months warranty if bought from dealers

Check with the dealer and see if they will honour the warranty, I should see no reason why they wouldnt...

It only cam with a 30 day warrenty

This is probably why they gave you a poor warranty!

IMHO, you should return the vehicle under the sales of goods act as "not fit for purpose".

No respectable dealer should give you only a months warranty on a 4 year old car! that would start alarm bells ringing in my opinion.

I fear that you will not get to the bottom of this without spending a vast amount of money, and personally think you are best off getting out now before your up to your neck.

from what i learned on another forum, is all car dealers have a 6 month warranty no matter what! - apparently its a legal requirement....

the 1 month, 3 month etc warranty that they waffle on that "never pay out" warranty, where anything you take the car in - its never covered! i wont say company names lol

but you will be, take it back to them for repair give them 3 chances and head to another garage, pay them to fix it and claim costs back... trading standards are on your side.- especially if you keep all correspondence etc.

John,

It would be handy if you can share any links to this minimum requirement!

if only I knew that when I was arguing with them after 3 months! JohnH, Nexus, Thanks for that information, I have added it to my signature as I think that will be very handy for anyone else who may need it, so credit to you both for your knowledge and findings!

Yeah on another forum, we have the difficulty of of explaining to new members that we are not the manufacturers and we this in our spare time...just like this forum.

But some off them are genuine they intro themselves and ask nicely. We have a few people who work in dealers up and down the country and give some good info on how to get things done and that is one of those things :D

I may have confused people by saying 6 month warranty but what i meant is 6 months Base warranty, where the garage/dealer you bought from has to fix it not some third party company...i hope that makes sense. :D