Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Best Spray On Wax

MarkyR

Thanks mate, I never knew RM was like a quick wax/ sealant haha. Is the Autoglym going to be quicker to apply at all? Also do you have to avoid getting the RMT onto the plastic trim?

I don't think Autoglym would be any quicker or slower. As all you need to do is spray on the car and buff off, so i don't think any more time would be spent with RMT.

A sealant on plastic trim will help, not harm it. By applying it over plastic trim you are protecting it, so you won't have any issues with that. RMT is also great on side windows! But don't ever apply it to the front or rear windows as it will smear like hell.

• Like 1

I am confused.

What should I do after I clay the car?

What protection does it need?

Polish the car, then seal or wax it. It's entirely your choice which one you do.

So what is a good polish to use and what is the best seal or wax

So what is a good polish to use and what is the best seal or wax

What's good really depends on budget and whether your a car cleaning enthusiast or a full blown detailer.

I really like meguairs ultimate compound, it's good by hand but can really correct paintwork when used with a machine polisher and a heavy cutting pad. And you really can't go wrong with collonite 845 insulator wax two coats of it will last 6 months!

Both cost £10-£15

Quick one, what do I use to apply the RMT? A foam applicator or microfibre? And do you buff it off with a microfibre? Seen a box of Autoglym microfibres on I4D and thinking of using those?

Quick one, what do I use to apply the RMT? A foam applicator or microfibre? And do you buff it off with a microfibre? Seen a box of Autoglym microfibres on I4D and thinking of using those?

Any good microfiber cloth will be fine. Buff off with the same cloth, just remember to keep turning it. As for what brand of cloth, it don't really matter to be honest. Long as its a soft cloth what wont cause damage, it will be fine. If your going to order from I4D, don't forget the discount code they have.

• Like 1

What's good really depends on budget and whether your a car cleaning enthusiast or a full blown detailer.

I really like meguairs ultimate compound, it's good by hand but can really correct paintwork when used with a machine polisher and a heavy cutting pad. And you really can't go wrong with collonite 845 insulator wax two coats of it will last 6 months!

Both cost £10-£15

Agreed! I swear by Megs Ultimate Compound

Any good microfiber cloth will be fine. Buff off with the same cloth, just remember to keep turning it. As for what brand of cloth, it don't really matter to be honest. Long as its a soft cloth what wont cause damage, it will be fine. If your going to order from I4D, don't forget the discount code they have.

Thanks mate, yeah I just about remembered the discount haha.

Tbh, I'm going to;

Blast the bajeezus out of the wheels with AutoGlym wheel cleaner

snow foam the car

Hoover Car and spray mats with cheap nasty glass cleaner and brush

Remove snow foam

Wash with my mitt and shampoo (which I need to buy >.<)

Polish the bajeezus out of every tiny bit of tar and bug

Wax with some AutoGlym/Meguiars Liquid Wax

Go for a Kopparberg at the pub

Awesome thanks

My foam is broken, it falls off the car :c

Okdoky. I am now going to hijack my own thread hahaha!

Anyway, so tonight I just did a wash, so it's a bit cleaner when I do the wash and sealant if I get it before my day off. But I have noticed the faults with my ST.

So far the Sync seriously needs an update, it states cannot play music whilst indexing when I try to use the iPod connected via the USB, and then it state creating voice commands - when I try to use my iPhone via bluetooth, both are random but seem to be happening more now.

On my rear bumper I have noticed two spots missing paint, not big but the are there.

The passenger window will sometimes open itself after I close it, as though it is detecting an obstruction, I reset the windows and it was a better but it happened again the other day.

And on the new model Fiesta, under my Sony stereo controls, the panel with the passenger airbag warning light has come unclipped at the top, I can push it back on but it just pops out again when I let go? this is a weird one as it was perfectly fine?

Anyone else had any of these faults?

• 1 month later...

Right, bit of an update, and some questions.

I went with the Dodo Juice Red Mist Tropical, brilliant stuff, looks gleemy and was dead easy to slap on :D

My Fiesta visited my dealer last week, I went to show them my niggles and they fixed my interior cover whilst I was there, a genius mechanic only took 5 mins gently tweaking the clips, they also had the bodyshop boys just patch up a couple of very small spots where I thought the paint was missed but it could also have been a stone chip.

And my car is booked in for it's 1500 mile checkup where the will check out my passenger window auto opening after auto closing, and see if an update is availabel for the stereo although, touch wood, after I reset everything it's been fine.

Now questions:

Can I put my Dodo Juice Red mist Tropical on my headlamps? Make cleaning the bugs off a bit easier?

What's gone on with the ST recall for the leaking brakes?

And I've been thinking about the Mountune upgrade, has anyone got it? And f so how much impact does it make to the MPG, insurance, punch in performance?

Oh and also, I'm getting a lot of watermarks left after rinsing my car, I just use the hosepipe and my two buckets and Dodo Juice Born to Be Mild shampoo. But it's after I rinse the car I get water marks, I use my drying towels to wipe them off my windows but I try to just pat the paintwork down. How can I reduce the watermarks?

Told you Dodo's RMT is good ;)

To reduce watermarks, you may want to use some sort of quick detailer to aid drying. It's personal preference as to what brand you pick for that

Told you Dodo's RMT is good ;)

To reduce watermarks, you may want to use some sort of quick detailer to aid drying. It's personal preference as to what brand you pick for that

Thanks mate, I'll have a look into that. Can i use the RMT on my headlights though?

Will be fine, i use it on headlights and tail lights all the time.

• Like 1

Thanks mate.

I'm a lil peeved at the mo, the car went in today for the passenger window to be looked at and the stereo updated, they discovered an update was released yesterday but as per the norm it'll take forever to download, and then they will have my car for a day to update it. I can live with that.

But with my window they said they could not find anything wrong with it, they greased the tracks of the glass and reset the auto close, I got home from picking it up and had the window down and it had the fault three times in a row until it stopped auto closing.

This is what the window does, when you auto close it closes all the way and then auto opens back to the position you had it, after a few times of repeating this the auto close stops working until you fully open the window, then it works again and usually closes fine?

Needless to say I will be fully testing this again up to next week, but has anyone else had a fault like this before?