Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help! Car Crank But Won't Turn Over?! Codes Supplied

Simbobsimon

Hi, ok my car Focus TDDi 52 would run fine, the odd morning it would start, then 10 seconds later revs drop then cut out - this happened about 3 times - weeks apart. The car would pretty much start fine straight after and no probs. Then this happened again but would not start up and hasn't since.

I got a F - Super 2 and these are the results. I admit I'am very amateur at mechanics but can and have fixed cars before. I'm fairly skint so if you guys could share any of your knowledge that could fix this, I would really appreciate it.

Cheers in advance.

B2141 NVM configuration failure

P1246 Alternator load input failure

P1632 Smart alternator faults sensor / circuits

B1359 Ignition run / acc circuit failure

B1318 Bat low (I've charged and tried)

Sounds like a wiring issue, check all the fuses are setup correctly.

I've checked the fuses behind glove compartment and in the black box in under the bonnet, in the way that none are blown, the visible transparent ones. They all seem fine. Not sure what to do next?

sounds like theres an alternator or wiring fault not providing enough power to heat the glow plugs

Hi, ok my car Focus TDDi 52 would run fine, the odd morning it would start, then 10 seconds later revs drop then cut out - this happened about 3 times - weeks apart. The car would pretty much start fine straight after and no probs. Then this happened again but would not start up and hasn't since.

I got a F - Super 2 and these are the results. I admit I'am very amateur at mechanics but can and have fixed cars before. I'm fairly skint so if you guys could share any of your knowledge that could fix this, I would really appreciate it.

Cheers in advance.

B2141 NVM configuration failure

P1246 Alternator load input failure

P1632 Smart alternator faults sensor / circuits

B1359 Ignition run / acc circuit failure

B1318 Bat low (I've charged and tried)

Just for your information -

1 - cranking and turning over are the same thing - when the engine turns on the key it is called "turning over" when it starts it is called "firing" thus - "engine turns over but does not fire" is the correct term

2 - A TDDI 52 plate is not OBD11 compatible, (only diesels built after 2004 are fully OBD11 compliant) this means the codes may be spurious or wrong (the F-super is usually quite good, and should do the old OBD1 codes, but needs to be set up)

It looks like a battery/ alternator or smart charge fault or the connector onto the alternator (from those codes)

Has any work been done on the car recently?

I had to change the battery a few months ago and that's about it, put it through MOT and just ha the suspension sorted. I went through loads of threads about the f-super 2 working with an 52 1.8 TDDi, by selectin 1.8 TDCi so I took their word for it.

I had to change the battery a few months ago and that's about it, put it through MOT and just ha the suspension sorted. I went through loads of threads about the f-super 2 working with an 52 1.8 TDDi, by selectin 1.8 TDCi so I took their word for it.

Ok, most of the codes should be right apart from some, like the injector ones (which may come up blank/ you cannot/ don't need to code TDDI injectors- they are mechanical not electronic)

Was it a silver-calcium battery? a regular lead-acid battery may cause problems because the smart charge system charges at a higher voltage than normal

What was the car doing before you changed the battery?

Yeah its a silver-calcium, it wasnt before though. Before I changed the battery which was mid winter, it was really really struggling to start, I just assumed that was partly the cold and partly short journeys, but never expirenced cut outs!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club