Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Sat Nav

Trigger1984

Can anyone help i'm trying to find out if this ford sat nav system is run by a disc or sd this in my 2009 focus

car_photo_399433.jpg

It is an SD card, it's to the left of the screen. To get it out just push it in and it will pop out but make sure the stereo is off. It should be blue or yellow, yellow being newer version compared to the blue.

Yeah, I have the same unit - the maps are all on the SD card, as I tried it when I bought it and there were no maps/navigation available until I put the SD card in.

Incidentally, does anyone know if its possible to get the maps updated, and how much it costs?

Do they have to be maps from Ford, or are other sat nav maps (tomtom, Garmin, etc) map packs compatible?

The SD cards from Ford cost an arm and a leg.

There are usually some available on eBay, just check that they're originals not copies.

Afaik the navs aren't compatible with other map packs.

Since they changed to the new Focus in 2011 no new maps have been eleased as far as i am aware , if your after the manual for that satnav unit , then see a link in my signature below for a download.

Even with out the card you should stll be able to get basic postion information on the screen but no routing.

Checked this evening, and my SD card says it is the 2009 version of the maps.

Had a look on eBay, and most of the recent SD map cards for it seem to be about £40 upwards.

I'll probably just stick with the ones I've got, for the amount I use it - but if it had been cheaper, I'd upgrade them.

Cheers fro that link Preee, I had found the manual online already, as the car didn't come with that manual.

£40 is cheap :).

Try asking Ford what they charge for them.

Last time I asked, Ford wanted about 200-250 for an SD Card.

so the sd card bought from ford are either yellow or blue

• 2 years later...

Just been quoted £78 for an SD card as my 2010 Zetec has this exact same system but no SD card and the dealership has taken 2 weeks to get nowhere.

There are a host of them on eBay but which is the one to get. They all seem to suggest checking part number but my manual is generic and hasn't got a part number listed.

Si I'm stuck with lots of cards to choose and unable to make a purchase as I don't know which one to get.

Suggestions ?

Ford still sells maps for most original sat nav systems. New maps (CD's) are even available for the focus MK1 (Travelpilot DX).

The Travelpilot FX uses SD cards which are specifically for this system. These SD cards are not used for any other Ford sat nav systems. These cards should have the text "FX" printed on the label. SD cards for newer Ford models with the Bosch/Blaupunkt MFD sat nav system are not compatible with the Travelpilot FX. MFD SD cards have a version number (V1 to V5) or the text "MFD" printed on the label. The latest (2015) SD card for the Travelpilot FX does also include a CD. This CD contains a firmware upgrade for the Travelpilot FX. Without this firmware upgrade the maps will not be detected on units running on older firmware versions.

The Ford (Blaupunkt/Bosch)sat nav systems uses TeleAtlas maps. TeleAtlas is currently owned by tomtom. Next to the Ford dealer tomtom does also supply the SD cards for most Ford models. The normal retail prices of the Ford dealer and tomtom are basically the same. In the Netherlands Ford often has reduced prices for sat nav maps. Currently the 2015 maps for most sat nav systems are offered for €79,-.

• 1 year later...
On 04/07/2013 at 9:42 PM, Trigger1984 said:

Can anyone help i'm trying to find out if this ford sat nav system is run by a disc or sd this in my 2009 focus

car_photo_399433.jpg

chaps, I have the Sat Nav head unit same as original poster

is there any way of getting DAB  on it?

Take a look at www.autodab.com. I've used one of these on a Mk2.5 and can really recomend it.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...