Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Illuminating Led Ignition

Hyrule

So I bought this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-FOCUS-ILLUMINATING-MOD-LED-IGNITION-BARREL-RING-BLUE-ILLUMINATED-LIGHT/330700362369?rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.m1851&_trkparms=aid%3D222002%26algo%3DSIC.FIT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D286%26meid%3D8888709968148688917%26pid%3D100005%26prg%3D1048%26rk%3D1%26sd%3D230922600323%26#ht_13275wt_1172

and went about fitting it today. Was a bit fiddly in places especially when figuring out how to get the wiring across to the courtesy light, but the most difficult part was getting the LED ring to stay in place when fitting the lower fascia of the steering wheel column back in place.

On closer inspection of the plastic LED ring, several of the LEDs were not soldered on properly and the plastic itself was extremely flimsy. After about an hour of faffing about trying to get it to stay in place, one of the LED's popped off and then the entire ring refused to light up. Now I thought to myself maybe I was just to heavy handed, but in comparing the LED ring I received, to the one in the guide, there were differences.

Mine:

Guide. Notice the black tape over the led ring. Mine came with some cheap plastic. Plus a lot of the wiring was exposed unlike the picture below.

ledbarrekl_zps5515f62f.jpg

The plastic ring did not come with any of the black tape surrounding it, covering the LED pins that are soldered on. The pins were exposed making the whole ring very brittle and easily broken.

Alot of the wiring was exposed as opposed to housed in the plastic loom cover.

The connectors required a bit of bending in order to fit the courtesy light connections.

I can only summise its the cheap/tacky part this seller is providing which is the issue, I guess I should have read the feedback more thoroughly before purchasing.

I'll have another go next month via a different seller and hopefully wont have any of the aforementioned issues.

Who did you buy yours from?

I got mine from a seller called Jooseloosener.

The seller was: watchage222

I'll be ordering from Jooseloosener for the replacement as seems to be the most reliable one.

Just annoying spending time getting everything into place to be lumbered with a crappy cheap part.

I bought mine from watchage, and I too have an issue where one of the three LED's wont light up. I am not too worried though as it still looks ok, but yours is a bit more extreme of an outcome!

I bought mine from watchage, and I too have an issue where one of the three LED's wont light up. I am not too worried though as it still looks ok, but yours is a bit more extreme of an outcome!

Hehe I was cursing his name when it eventually gave up. after getting all the wiring in place. Took over 2 weeks to arrive as well to compound the issue. Why are there no UK sellers ;(

Hopefully the other seller will provide better parts.

Ben the seller Jooseloosener is the guy i got my DRL's from he is very helpful and also has a uk return address if needed

With regards the Iginition barrel, the wiring is all in place, so when you get a replacement, just cut the LED end off, and then just wire the posi and negi into the existing wiring, saves you ripping it all out :)

Ben the seller Jooseloosener is the guy i got my DRL's from he is very helpful and also has a uk return address if needed

Yeah just about to order one from him now. ;)

Yeah will use the existing cable jeebo

• 3 weeks later...

probably too late but found a uk seller... not on eBay but i purchased most of my mods from him and even supplied him with loads of pics for his page.

www.facebook.com/FocusEssentials

probably too late but found a uk seller... not on ebay but i purchased most of my mods from him and even supplied him with loads of pics for his page.

Thanks for the link Aaron delivery from this seller within the UK will avoid risk of paying import tax when purchasing from outside of the EU aswell as arrive 10 days quicker

Excellent stuff

• Like 1

probably too late but found a uk seller... not on ebay but i purchased most of my mods from him and even supplied him with loads of pics for his page.

Yeah good find, albeit Jooseloosener only took 10days to come from china and no import duty. But UK seller +1

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club