Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Zetec S 2006 1.6

webinteractions

Hi all,

I am thinking about taking the plunge tomorrow by buying a 1.6 zetec s 56 plate petrol. I currently do a 90 mile commute, all pretty much on motorway. I know with the high mileage I should be sensible and get a diesel but I am tempted to buy the petrol to have something a little more fun to drive. Before making the final decision I was wondering if anyone who has one or has had one and done a lengthy commute wouldn't mind helping me out in giving me a rough idea of how much it would cost in fuel. Especially a comparison with the diesel version would be hugely helpful. I know it depends on the driving style but lets say it sits at 70 all the way.

thanks

Hi all,

I am thinking about taking the plunge tomorrow by buying a 1.6 zetec s 56 plate petrol. I currently do a 90 mile commute, all pretty much on motorway. I know with the high mileage I should be sensible and get a diesel but I am tempted to buy the petrol to have something a little more fun to drive. Before making the final decision I was wondering if anyone who has one or has had one and done a lengthy commute wouldn't mind helping me out in giving me a rough idea of how much it would cost in fuel. Especially a comparison with the diesel version would be hugely helpful. I know it depends on the driving style but lets say it sits at 70 all the way.

thanks

Not the same car but I bought a 1.0 ecoboost. Zetec s 2013. Petrol

125 ps

I drive 120 km everyday to go too work and back. 95% is motorway. With cruise control it has same mpg as my old mk6 tdci. Of course on week-ends i Forget the cruise control and have fun. I was skeptical about going for a petrol but I absolutely don't regret. So going to work I use cruise control which saves a lot of fuel. And weekends I don't look at my trip computer lol.

My old 2007 Fiesta 1.6 Zetec S did about 34 mpg, motorway, and 29 mpg around town. Some may have done better, being a small car I thought the mpg was a bit rubbish. I changed to 2009 Zetec S TDCi, and was blown away with the mpg, and the amount of torque/mid power.range it had.

Just hope my new 1ltr ecoboost ZS keeps me this happy. Although I wouldn't touch a diesel now, the DPF on the 2010 onwards just kills it. My opinion.

I have the 1.6 zetec s petrol.

Currently town driving and getting 33 MPG.

Did a 200 mile motorway journey and I think averaged 40- dont quote me on that it was when I first got my car.

Next month I will be doing a 30 mile round trip so will see what I get from that each day

This is great, thanks for all your help.

Trikidy - So from your informationa and using the calc below a 90 mile round trip might be about £13.50. Up about £3.50 from my current citroen saxo 1.1.

http://www.fuel-economy.co.uk/calc.shtml

I wonder if i could drive conservatively during the week to save a bit and have a bit of fun on weekends ;)

Trikidy - Would you recommend buying one?

Erm before this fez I had a 1.2 1997 r reg, and obviously this is alot better.

I looked at getting the diesel too as I have to travel to Uni 3-5 times a week, but since I have had my car my uni has been finished so I have no idea how it is economically.

My old fez was getting 30-33 mpg on my trip, which is 15 miles each way, the fact I am getting more than this around town is good for me. When I say around town I mean very uneconomical driving, I do accelerate hard from lights and like to enjoy the roar from my new exhaust.

I have had my car for maybe 2 months now, haven't found anything I can fault the car on- I had to fix a couple of things from the previous owner but nothing that is the cars fault!

I was unsure to get the diesel or petrol, but went for the petrol because it is cheaper and because my mechanic told me that small Ford petrol engines are near enough the best money can buy, he said the diesels have more that can go wrong with them due to (pistons I think, I can't remember).

Hope that is some help! And yes I would recommend my car, the only thing the diesel is good for is that it is £50 a year tax I think, not £180?? Ish. But I prefer the petrol!

I really appreciate your info. It has helped, maybe it's not going to be as bad as I was expecting. I might just go for the 1.6 petrol!

If anyone else has had one longer and can add to trikidy's info that would be good.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club