Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Zetec S Rear Washer

Jono!

Hello,

First time posting on this forum but have been a regular reader recently!

I recently bought a Titanium X Fiesta and have added a Zetec S rear spoiler... The issue I've found with this is that the rear washer jet now seems to squirt down the back of my nice black car as opposed to the window!

Have any Zetec S owners experienced this or know if it can be adjusted?

Many thanks,

Jon

Some washers you can put a pin in and adjust the direction, not sure on the rear though.

i dont think you can on the rear. and thats strange that it shoots down the rear of the car and not on the window... dont have problems with mine at all. then again you dont really use it if you have a spoiler most of the rain doesnt get on the window.

Can I ask how much it cost and where you bought it from? Was it easy to fit? I have a titanium x on order and would like a large rear spoiler in the future... Thanks

if i were you i would ask you ford dealer to do it and install it when you get the car =). That would be my choice seeing as you havent got the car yet. Would be hassle free to get them to do it.

Thanks for the replies everyone - looks like I will have to live with the water marks on the back of the car! :-(

Can I ask how much it cost and where you bought it from? Was it easy to fit? I have a titanium x on order and would like a large rear spoiler in the future... Thanks

In relation to the above question, I actually did a search through one of the online car breakers websites like partsgateway.co.uk (can't remember if it was that one though!) and I received a couple of quotes from different breakers. It cost me £65 inc delivery for a black spoiler in a good condition. Ford wanted over £400 for part and fitting!

It was very easy to fit (I'm hopeless with car modifications), the hardest bit is extending the brake wire and washer line but as the spoiler I bought came with the wiring and tubing from the previous car, I was able to use that and join it together with a soldering iron for the wiring and simply 'plug in' the extended washer tube. The actual removal and fitting of the spoiler is 6 screws and 2 bolts - impressively easy! Start to finish it took me 45 mins.

Please see the below link where there is a full fitting guide that I used. Don't be put off by the overly complicated diagrams - I was tempted to pay somebody else to do it but was glad I saved myself the money and did it myself. Enjoy your new car - I'm very pleased with it!

https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=26286324be3b097e&id=26286324BE3B097E%21136

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club