Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta St With Bluefin Remap

funkylad

Yer I would deffo wait for the mountune one to come out! It wouldn't be so bad if they didn't lie at superchips regarding the bluefin. When I kept ringing up all I got was it had been tested and nothing wrong with the remap what's so ever, then you look on here and other forums and 98% of people with the fiesta st are experiencing the same. Then you get another remap and it sorts the lag but deffo a reduction in power, so yet another call to superchips today and get told there has been no reduction in power on the 2nd remap, hmmmm I smell bullsh&t. I did rate them as a company and have used them a fair bit on my cars,but don't think I will be anymore

Yer I would deffo wait for the mountune one to come out! It wouldn't be so bad if they didn't lie at superchips regarding the bluefin. When I kept ringing up all I got was it had been tested and nothing wrong with the remap what's so ever, then you look on here and other forums and 98% of people with the fiesta st are experiencing the same. Then you get another remap and it sorts the lag but deffo a reduction in power, so yet another call to superchips today and get told there has been no reduction in power on the 2nd remap, hmmmm I smell bullsh&t. I did rate them as a company and have used them a fair bit on my cars,but don't think I will be anymore

Hey thanks for taking the time to write this, while I really do feel your pain and would be :angry: if I was you I appreciate you taking the time to save me/others a lot of time/money!! Its annoying when people like you or I take time and money over our motor and don't get the results! I might just leave my st on the stock map when it arrives...its hardly slow after all, and focus on the exterior visual mods I have planned. Though I am looking to get a new sportier/noisier exhaust? any ideas that require the least amount of modification so that the car can be put back to stock if I ever chose to sell it? you done yours?

just had the following from the company who did the dyno runs

shoot out mode is a function in dyno dynamic software for doing dyno runs eg shoot out 4 is for 4 cylinder n/a engines and 4f (which yours was run in) is for 4 cylinder turbo'd/superchargers. Unfortunately this will make no difference to your peak power issue as we seen in stock form the car produced near perfect results , then once mapped file was on mid range were decent enough gains as was the torque gain but this is due to the increase in boost pressure then its pulled away after around 4.5k revs and the power increase is minimal , we see it all so often on the road they feel quick with the boost being increased low down but once on the dyno they show other wise , very high chance on another brand of dyno you would see higher results but not realistic ones i am afraid. If you search about dyno dynamic rollers you will see they are sore but realistic on car figures etc am sure you would rather know the truth , one thing i would say tho is sometimes you are better running mapped files for a little while for them to adjust fully but i very much doubt we would have ever seen it make 220bhp

Even if the independant dyno run was taken as "gospel" the Superchips/ Bluefin map has a significant power and torque gain (especially at the bottom end / midrange) although the power "levels off" above 5k, and "drops off"(slightly) above 5700 the car is liable to be noticably quicker on the road than one with the stock map

The lack of top end power may be because of heat soak issues and the turbo running out of "puff" (boost/ gas flow) at the top end

the graph/ printout lacks a lot of information like the air intake temprature and the wheel horsepower

If i had the choice - i would have the Superchips Blufin remap over the stock map, everytime, the Mountune is probably better still, (especially if it has phisical upgrades too) but no doubt will be more expensive

I use a (Superchips) Bluefin myself, they were very patient and helpful to me in producing not one but 2 revised maps, free-of-extra-charge for what is basically a one-off modified car - and i am very happy with the results - apart from that i am not connected to Superchips in any other way,

I don't think it is fair to say that Superchips have actually lied (as others have suggested on this thread ) - experts only have opinions - its never black-and-white right-or-wrong with these things

I think it is only fair that you contact Superchips and allow them to sort out any issues (actual or percieved) before trashing (or allow other members to) their reputation on the site

It all seems a bit anti - Superchips/ Bluefin and perhaps some have a hidden agenda or bias (just seems a bit "fishy" to me)

Superchips/ Blufin seems to be on trial in absentia and without being able to answer their accusers directly

I have personally found Superchips a delight to deal with.

They are one of the longest running tuning companies about.

Just my two'penneth anyway.

I have always in the past found superchips a great company, always taken my various cars to be remapped by a authorised garage, this time around I have used bluefin and done it myself, ok so my choice of wording may not of been politically correct, "lied" may of been somewhat harsh , but after numerous phone calls and being told that it must be my car that's got a fault and not there program, then a guy calling them today saying what the problem is and "superchips" saying its the first they have heard of this issue ! Is bending the truth

If they did a Bluefin for the 1.6 diesel Fez I'd have one without second thought.

• 2 weeks later...

Just to update this Superchips have updated the file for the bluefin & feedback is good from a Finsport Customer over on FiestaST OC

Thanks for the update, may have to consider it after all if they have sorted the throttle lag issues!!

Thanks for the update, may have to consider it after all if they have sorted the throttle lag issues!!

Unfortunately, it would appear they haven't :(

funkylad PMed me

ok so after a proper run out tonight, was only driving at normal conditions last night as there was loads of police about.. What a load of fu*king sh*t... not as much power as the first map, still getting lag but not as bad as it was on the previous 2 maps

Also from FiestaSTOC

im running the 3rd remap of the bluefin file, have been since monday. And im still getting lag.. Not as bad as the other files but still getting it.. And the power isnt as good as the first file

I was on the verge of buying another bluefin myself if this had been sorted. However, I am no longer considering it.

Unfortunately, it would appear they haven't :(

funkylad PMed me

Also from FiestaSTOC

I was on the verge of buying another bluefin myself if this had been sorted. However, I am no longer considering it.

Arrgh!! Thats annoying!! Thanks for sharing!! Thats whats good about members sharing their experiences on these forums. Feel free to pass on my appreciation for his updates on the situation!!

Arrgh!! Thats annoying!! Thanks for sharing!! Thats whats good about members sharing their experiences on these forums. Feel free to pass on my appreciation for his updates on the situation!!

No worries, happy to pass on information so people can make informed choices. No hidden agendas or bias, just happy to help :)

At the end of last week they were working on a 4th file as they were aware of the issues. Would be interesting to know if anyone has that file on their car yet & how it is performing?

• 1 month later...

Hello,

there are new experiences with the Bluefin-Flasher,maybe new diagrams?
Whats about this 4. file ,what the user "AistairS" said?

I/we are from Luxembourg/Germany and a friend of me bought the Bluefin. He had also these lags on his 1.remap from Bluefin.
After this,he got a second remap, (the newest remap they said).

So he flashed the car,the problem with the lag and " loss of power" is a lot better,but still there.

So,he made a mail to Bluefin and they answered this (mail is quoted);
" [...]The last remap we provided you with is what we have running on 3 development vehicles here in the UK and several other customers’ cars, without the problems you seem to have. Without seeing a vehicle here with these problems we are unable to carry out any further mapping or diagnosis.[...]"

Now,we dont know what we could do.. maybe the problem that the ecoboosts diffused upboard?

Cause on my Focus RS MK2 ,the Bluefin runs without any problems and my car before the RS,they are no problems too with the Bluefin Flasher.

best regards

• 3 weeks later...

Are many people having problems with this? Is it worth getting the bluefin or spending more on the mountune kit?

A friend of me recieved a mail from Bluefin last Thursday;

"First of all I must apologise for the delay in my response. We have been working on this problem and with the last remap we provided you, have almost completely eliminated the reported problem with driveability on our development cars here, so I am surprised to learn you are still experiencing problems. However, we have also made some new developments with another of the EcoBoost engines, the Focus ST, and are getting a Fiesta ST back in again on the back of that. If you still have Bluefin and are prepared to wait another week or two we should have something for you very soon to try, if that’s still not satisfactory you would be free to return the unit for refund."

bg

• 1 month later...

Sorry to bump up an old thread, but thought it better to do that than to start a new one :)

Has anyone had a good experience with the Bluefin from Superchips for the 2013 Fiesta ST(2)?

I'm looking at doing either the Superchips, or the Mountune. However as Superchips is cheaper and much more easily reversible i'm swaying towards it, providing that it works and doesn't cause me problems haha!

Sorry to bump up an old thread, but thought it better to do that than to start a new one :)

Has anyone had a good experience with the Bluefin from Superchips for the 2013 Fiesta ST(2)?

I'm looking at doing either the Superchips, or the Mountune. However as Superchips is cheaper and much more easily reversible i'm swaying towards it, providing that it works and doesn't cause me problems haha!

Not sure on the Fiesta but I have had a bluefin installed on my Focus ST for some time now and I'm very happy with it :)

Not sure on the Fiesta but I have had a bluefin installed on my Focus ST for some time now and I'm very happy with it :)

I've heard a lot of good things about Superchips and their Bluefin system, so I wouldn't usually hold back... However after hearing a few of the issues that people have been experiencing I'm kind of undecided until someone who's had it done can confirm if they have problems/notice a difference haha.

Friends of mine have superchips remaps and they are fantastic so I don't doubt the companies reputation or anything.

If they did a Bluefin for the 1.6 diesel Fez I'd have one without second thought.

Saw your post dav,

Have they since this post, produced a bluefin for the 1.6 diesel tdci? I saw this...

http://www.superchips.co.uk/search?make=9&fueltype=2&model=1&variant=2385

Or have you seen it already and got it.?

That's just the standard map, not the one with the bluefin doodad that you can map and un-map the car with :P

Saw your post dav,

Have they since this post, produced a bluefin for the 1.6 diesel tdci? I saw this...

http://www.superchips.co.uk/search?make=9&fueltype=2&model=1&variant=2385

Or have you seen it already and got it.?

This is a remap/ performace map where you have to take the car to a Superchips dealer, to have it remapped

it is a good (re)map with a significant power gain and a big (48nm) torque gain, the power curve is almost perfect and the torque curve is exellent, with a rising caracteristerict

That's just the standard map, not the one with the bluefin doodad that you can map and un-map the car with :P

The doodad is the Bluefin handset, ( product made by the company Superchips) that you can buy mail order/ online which you can plug in yourself and load/ unload whenever you wish, it can even often be transferred from one vehicle to another in the 1st year

The standard map usually refers to the map that came with the car (from Ford etc), a remap / performance map is one that makes the engine more powerful/ the car quicker

I take it you dont want to loose your warrantee/ need one you can remove - there must be a technical reason Superchips do not supply a Bluefin "DIY" remap - it probably cannot be done that way so that just leaves taking the car in to Superchips (or another remapper) to have it remapped, or fit a tuning box

• 4 months later...

You really should of saved then paid the extra for a revo map

i paid £450 my car was put on rolling road got all existing print outs then map was installed tweeked now my car is an absolute rocket! running at 220 bhp and in exsess on overboost (fast fiST)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club