Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I'm Back, But The Fiesta Is Not...

jmurray01

Any members who may remember me will also remember my beloved 1997 Ford Fiesta Ghia (in my avatar and signature). Well, the Fiesta failed its MOT on yet more corrosion in November last year and would have cost over £400 to repair so unfortunately it had to be sold. We managed to get £150 for it which wasn't bad for a car with no Tax or MOT and worn tyres & corrosion related MOT failures.

On the bright side I checked the DVLA website a month ago and it is now Taxed so the new owner must have fixed her up and put her back on the road :)

We went for months without a car but on the 24th of April this year a 2000 Ford Focus LX 1.8 5dr came on Gumtree for £290 and because we were moving house the next day and needed a car we went through to Inverness that night and bought it.

It had a months MOT and a few months Tax but for £290 and considering we were desparate we bought it.

Long story short it isn't in great condition and has 167,000 miles on the clock but ran well and passed an MOT after £280 of repairs which is pretty good for the miles.

It is still running very well now and starts first time every time. The only issue with it is that the clutch is starting to slip slightly (in 3rd accelerating uphill) but there is nothing that can be done just now as I haven't got a spare £300 in my wallet. Hopefully it'll last until the end of this year or the beginning of next.

Without further ado here are a few pictures of it...

post-15085-0-59984100-1373299000_thumb.j

post-15085-0-59543900-1373299004_thumb.j

post-15085-0-32806200-1373299007_thumb.j

Nice to see they put your old car back on the road!

Focus is a good car

Welcome back Jamie!

Looks like you got a good car for a good price there mate :)

Welcome Back Jamie

Thank you, it's good to be back.

You could update your avatar and signature

That's not a signature, its a memorial ;)

• Like 1

Clutch slip at that mileage isnt a problem nice little runner at a good price

That's not a signature, its a memorial ;)

Too right it is!

It won't be a memorial forever though as I will get that Fiesta back someday. I will be scouring Gumtree and eBay for that old girl until she eventually comes up for sale again and when that happens she'll be back in my driveway again.

You mark my words, it might take a few years but one of these days I'll be creating a thread stating I've got that Fiesta back in my ownership again.

Clutch slip at that mileage isnt a problem nice little runner at a good price

Indeed, only problem is we can't afford to have the clutch replaced and need to use the car. I looked on the internet last night and saw that test Ford published saying to put it in 4th, and with the RPMs at 2,000 release the clutch with the parking brake on. If it stalls the clutch is OK and if not, well, it's slipping!

I'm really hoping it'll stall and the slipping turned out to just be my mother riding the clutch, but I doubt it.

It'll just be a case (if the clutch is at fault) of driving it until it goes then either getting it repaired or replacing it - the latter being more likely.

Great news! Whilst out today the car was driven up two very steep hills in 3rd gear and even under heavy accelleration the clutch did not slip.

The other day must have been due to the clutch being depressed inadvertantly which my mother did say she may have done.

I should have known a Ford wouldn't let me down! They don't say "Built Ford Tough" for nothin' ya know.

Hang on so this is the original clutch or has it already had a clutch replaced? that's really good mileage dude

Hang on so this is the original clutch or has it already had a clutch replaced? that's really good mileage dude

It is the original clutch (to my knowledge).

Holy crap :O that is awesome, never actually seen a clutch gone over 100k before, then again city driving is hard on a clutch

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club