Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Just Emailed My Insurance, Wish Me Luck!

MitchellPetrie

Just emailed my insurance company RE: New alloys for Car-los e.g. am i allowed too, how much will it cost extra.

If all goes well i think ill be getting Car'los some new shoes by Alutec next month :)

Also, i currently have 15" wheels on my car would i be best just getting 15" alloys or would going for 16" with new tyres be a better choice?

I know this will affect the ride but i don't know by how much?

Ive also heard of alloys buckling on fiestas due to the thinness of the sidewall in the tyre or something similar so would i be best sticking to thicker tyres? and the final question would i have to have the speedo adjusted if the wheels got bigger?

Thanks

as long as the overall diameter / circumference of the wheel is no different (by matching the appropriate wheel size to the adjustment of the new alloys) then you shouldnt have any problems.

If you do it blindly you will knock your speedo out by a few mph at best, but you may find that the larger wheels and suspension need to be reviewed in order to ensure that they are compatible to give the best ride.

As for the wheel buckling, that is certainly a risk, however as I understand it, it seems to be more an issue for the factory wheels, not sure about aftermarket!

as for the insurance....Good luck! hopefully you wont find yourself losing count of zero's at the end of the request...

as long as the overall diameter / circumference of the wheel is no different (by matching the appropriate wheel size to the adjustment of the new alloys) then you shouldnt have any problems.

If you do it blindly you will knock your speedo out by a few mph at best, but you may find that the larger wheels and suspension need to be reviewed in order to ensure that they are compatible to give the best ride.

As for the wheel buckling, that is certainly a risk, however as I understand it, it seems to be more an issue for the factory wheels, not sure about aftermarket!

as for the insurance....Good luck! hopefully you wont find yourself losing count of zero's at the end of the request...

Thanks! ill bear that in mind if they approve it

Just emailed my insurance company RE: New alloys for Car-los e.g. am i allowed too, how much will it cost extra.

If all goes well i think ill be getting Car'los some new shoes by Alutec next month :)

Also, i currently have 15" wheels on my car would i be best just getting 15" alloys or would going for 16" with new tyres be a better choice?

I know this will affect the ride but i don't know by how much?

Ive also heard of alloys buckling on fiestas due to the thinness of the sidewall in the tyre or something similar so would i be best sticking to thicker tyres? and the final question would i have to have the speedo adjusted if the wheels got bigger?

Thanks

Hi,

If you need any assistance with insurance then please feel free to drop me a line.

Regards,,

Dan.

I got a quote of my insurance for an extra £17... Not bad I dont think?

I got a quote of my insurance for an extra £17... Not bad I dont think?

no that sounds pretty good to be honest, I mean I got charged £40 "admin fee" and then another £30 when i changed my address... its all such a scam in that sense

Hi,

If you need any assistance with insurance then please feel free to drop me a line.

Regards,,

Dan.

Thanks! they haven't gotten back to me yet so I think I'm going to have to call them which will probably be a fun few hours on the phone explaining to them...

See now I dont see the point in telling them you got rims - if they are proper ford ones how do they know the car didnt leave the manufacture with them? I mean - I have Ford focus 05 plater zebec, Im pretty sure that would have left the factory with alloys :/

See now I dont see the point in telling them you got rims - if they are proper ford ones how do they know the car didnt leave the manufacture with them? I mean - I have Ford focus 05 plater zebec, Im pretty sure that would have left the factory with alloys :/

I tend to agree, my fiesta didnt come with the fiesta spoiler but i added that and didnt feel the need to tell them but the alloys im getting look nothing like stock ford ones so im going to have to otherwise have my insurance invalidated

Yeah I can understand that if they are aftermarket!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club