Do Not Sell My Personal Information

In Doubt

jacksargent93

Okay so I cant help but think whether I should mod my focus or no - I can't change the exhaust without it costing a bomb - and even question if its worth the extra few ponies - induction kits seem to be lame according to most people.

Has anyone modded their car and not bothered with things like that? If so, I will continue - however if anyone has modded including performance I'm not sure whether its worth it?

The focus seems so hard to do - why cant I just change the back box? I went and had it looked at today and they said it is going to be a real pain in the !Removed! - and my wallet. I need advice :(

Thanks in advance :)

I think the main reason to modify your car (visual or performance enhancements) is to make YOU like it more, i mean if you think that you would prefer to drive your car if it had a few more ponies then that should be worth the money to you, the same goes for if you think you'd prefer how it looks with lime green wing mirrors and metallic pink alloys then go for it :)

(probably not the answer you were looking for but this is just my view)

incase anyone was interested in pink alloy wheels then here you go http://www.rimstyle.com/alloywheels/wheel/?wheel=tansy_love_pi&colour=pink

• Like 1

This is the kind of answer I was looking for!

Can people step foward and tell me if they have upgraded their exhaust or put in an induction kit? Thanks

a trend i find with modifying any cars is to find the right market, (for me its audio and vision) i love a car to sound well and show well (probably the slowest around) so i focused my mods around that theme, so new headunit, Speakers, sub, etc everything to make it better for me to enjoy it (a good kick in my back puts a smile on my face haha)

as for induction, i remove the length of pipe behind the front grill (easy mod) and i love it, the throttle response has increased, (i doubt the overall power has though) also adds a little roar to the engine, i will be doing the exhaust once i figure out the bumper issue, but i will go for a cat back system therefore eliminating the mot issues etc

Ive personally just done visual mods untill I can get a better car lol

a trend i find with modifying any cars is to find the right market, (for me its audio and vision) i love a car to sound well and show well (probably the slowest around) so i focused my mods around that theme, so new headunit, speakers, sub, etc everything to make it better for me to enjoy it (a good kick in my back puts a smile on my face haha)

as for induction, i remove the length of pipe behind the front grill (easy mod) and i love it, the throttle response has increased, (i doubt the overall power has though) also adds a little roar to the engine, i will be doing the exhaust once i figure out the bumper issue, but i will go for a cat back system therefore eliminating the mot issues etc

What do you mean shorten length of the pipe? Which pipe? Could you post a picture? I dont want to fit an induction and be able to modify the exhaust system - as I find that would be silly - what do you think about that?

Ive personally just done visual mods untill I can get a better car lol

Yeah I agree on that note - however I would like to make my car have a bit of roar and hum in it - but visual mods is must!

Ive added abit if a guide on my thread in my sig on page 5/6

Ah yes I remember reading that the other day! And couldn't get my head around which part it was - would it happen to be different on mine?

The only difference would be if you had a mk1 focus

Nope I have mk 2 (05) The layout is the same its just that one part I dont recognise - I will tke a picture of my bay and show :)

Nope I have mk 2 (05) The layout is the same its just that one part I dont recognise - I will tke a picture of my bay and show :)

Its the mk2 1.6? - is it the 100PS or 115?

Do you just want your car to be louder/ sportier sounding or do you need it to be quicker? (louder is relatively cheap/ easier)

How much would you be prepared to spend? (anything is possible if you spend the money, but there may be a point where you may be more cost effective to just get a faster car )

100ps I believe - btw what is ps? And yes it's 1.6 petrol. I would like for it to sound sportier an if it turns a little more responsive then great! I just want it to have a nice hum when I switch her on, if that makes sence...

100ps I believe - btw what is ps? And yes it's 1.6 petrol. I would like for it to sound sportier an if it turns a little more responsive then great! I just want it to have a nice hum when I switch her on, if that makes sence...

PS stands for "Pherda Starke" in German which i think translates to horsepower in English. A car may have a 4 cylinder engine with 100 PS. The same car might have the same 4 cylinder engine with a 112 HP (feel free to correct me if i'm wrong)

i know what you mean, a nice rumble on tick over?

i believe an exhaust will solve that m8 either back box or cat back

But my problem is I have been told I have to get custom and I can't afford that - I just wanted to buy a back box and get that fitted.

yeh custom is probably the way, i know lenny has fitted i think an st exhaust with twin tail pipe which i think was a straight swap

i was pricing up a custom cat back system few months back and with single tail pipe in stainless steel it was roughly £150 is that out of your budget?

No it isn't - that seems a lot less than what I was thinking - how did Lenny manage that as I thought we couldn't fit st exhausts cause we have the spare wheel compartment. Man I'm so confused - I'm being told so many different things :/

yeh your right st exhaust wont fit due to the rear box being in the way by the spare wheel carrier, i cant find the pic of lenny exhaust but he had the twin exhaust run around the wheel carrier

your best bet is to have a custom back box which is prob about 100 for stainless steel,

Wow that's a lot cheaper than expected - considering bak boxes I was looking at we're the same price!

yeh that would be my next option as i can then choose the tail pipe i want etc

PS is indeed german for horsepower, it is however a higher number than HP with the same value (Power)

Look at this custom built powerflow exhaust, quality stuff right here, there are many companies all over england that will build you a system like ths for 300 to 400, Custom made to suit your car, made on the spot at the garage, It uses ST/RS mounts.

http://youtu.be/qccDf8LEq5U

As you can see it sounds great and looks good.

TBH with you, if you aren't into it or you can't really make your mind up, because of doubts, don't do it you will regret it and consider it a waste of your money. If you really want to do it, you will be pleased every time you see it.

It's like asking if the car is right for you.. If you can park it and not look back give up the car isn't for you, same logic with any mods

if you aren't into it or you can't really make your mind up, because of

doubts, don't do it you will regret it and consider it a waste of your

money. If you really want to do it, you will be pleased every time you

see it.

best rule to keep in mind

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club