Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How Many Mpg Do You Get With Your Focus?

jmurray01

54 litres i think ? is the mk3 heavier, the boot is smaller than the mk2/2.5

Jamie

I made a point of taking this photo after my trip to Cornwall in June.

20150628_123921_HDR.jpg

1.6 Petrol (115bhp Ti-VCT)

Reset computer when I left, fully loaded boot and full size spare wheel on back seat.

Leeds to Cornwall, multiple 50mph Zones and 70-80mph with plenty of overtakes.

About 1 hour of hilly country roads (only used car once that week).

Cornwall to Leeds, same mix of 50mph Zones and 70-80mph.

The car was loaded and I wasn't being eco with my driving style, I don't think I did too bad for a Petrol.

• Like 2

ahh so 52 litres for the 1.6 tdci or 60 for the 2.0 tdci

Thats strange as i have managed to get 54 in there, dont ask me how though

Jamie

I recently went to the Scottish Highlands for holiday & was more than impressed with the performance of the focus (see attached photo from trip up), used cruse control set between 60 & 70mph due to cameras, had 3 x adults, 1 child, dog & boot filled so rear window covered.

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/uploads/monthly_08_2015/post-63857-143853317289.jpg

the most miles out of a tank i have had is around 550, and that was driving very carefully like a nun doing 60/65 on the motorway i kid you not

Jamie

Glad it's not just me then.

This was today. Still had 50 miles range but needed to full up. This is the best it's ever done on my 3 1/2 years of ownership.

post-40686-144009490353_thumb.jpg

18 miles and sign flashing don't think I would go that low before refuelling best I got is 52mpg

Pfft, I'm sure Ford cover their backside with the range...even with 18 miles I still only got 49 litres in, means theres still 4 left (so more like 50 miles!). Only problem may come on a sharp bend or hill lol, not even had a stutter so far and have seen single figures on the range before. :D

I'm pretty sure there's 5 Litres left on 'Empty', I ran mine down to 0 once and it only took 50 litres for a 55 litre tank.

so in theory there is another 50 miles range if you really had to push it, but it's bad to run Diesels dry though,

you might need the Breakdown service to get it going again.

2013 1.6 Zetec PowerShift

Drumroll please!

29MPG average

Always feels it drives a bit rougher when you get down to the warning light.

Jealous of the guys getting 50+ mpg. I get 216mpg on my motorbike though so swings and roundabouts :D

216mpg ? do you push it everywhere ? :)

The joys of bikes, so wishing I could get one.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

I know someone who has a brand new Audi A3 e-tron (company car).....currently getting 130mpg. Hes had it since early July and has only filled it up twice!

Presuming it's a hybrid lol

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Today I got 45 MPG on a long drive, driving sensibly - mixture of 50/60 zones, and to a lesser extent 70 zones on the M3. Not too bad for an automatic petrol, for such an outdated engine... I find that when I turn on the A/C, the MPG usually drops by 3-4. Today was too hot not to though.

I'm pretty sure there's 5 Litres left on 'Empty', I ran mine down to 0 once and it only took 50 litres for a 55 litre tank.

so in theory there is another 50 miles range if you really had to push it, but it's bad to run Diesels dry though,

you might need the Breakdown Service to get it going again.

It's a 53 litre tank in the book, not sure how accurate that is!

You're right though, there's no tank pump on these so unless you've got a hand primer you won't get it started again after running dry!!

It's a 53 litre tank in the book, not sure how accurate that is!

Sorry I should have said mine is Petrol (which does have a 55 litre tank) before mentioning running Diesels dry is bad,

strange that there is a difference though, I didn't know.

Running anything dry will damage the pump(s) as they're lubricated with fuel. But if you've got a lift pump it'll start again easy...for some reason they don't bother with them on the 1.6TDCi though, makes changing the filter or running dry a pain!

There is a easy way round when you change the filter or do ever run it dry and that's fill the filter up with diesel and that will give the car enough fuel to get started and run the fuel back up through the system

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

or buy a £10 manual fuel pump and keep it in the boot.

My ETIS says I have 52 litres. I know the yellow light comes on when I have 10 litres left. I consistently get 42 litres in every time I fill (soon as poss after yellow light)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club