Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How Much To Repair Air Con On A Mk7 Fiesta?

ben goddard

Ok, so its pretty warm right now, and my air con isnt working.

For a start my fan only works on number 4, which i understand to be the resistor pack.

but my main concern is my air con wasnt blowing cool air.

i ran the air con, and i could hear it running, its been quite some time since i used it, considering last summer was cold and wet. could that inlfuence it?

i did check the charge maybe 12 months ago, but havent used the air con since. but it didnt need charging then.

any ideas what it could be? and how much it will cost to repair?

this is beyond my capabilities so will pretty certainly need to take it to a garage of some kind.

It is recommended to use the aircon weekly in order to keep the system lubricated and working properly.

Get your resistor pack done and then go for a recharge and pressure check.

I'm actually getting mine done today as it's not very cold in 25+ degree temperatures and i have no record of when it was last checked/charged.

Had mine recharged the other day, the tech said there was nothing in the system so thought it might have a leak, luckily it didn't and it charged ok.

He did advise me that A/C systems need a recharge every 2 years to keep them in good condition.

Not bad for £40 on a 14 year old mondeo

I hope the mk7 AC is a bit more aggressive than in the mk6 its like having a breeze through a crack in the wall, I blame the spherical vents to be fair as it's cold as through the foot well vents, try fixing the resistor pack yourself to save some dosh then go and get it re gassed.

Aggressive? Mmmmmmmmm no...

Minimum fan speed 3 on that sucker!

Makes more noise than anything, I don't think the ford guys understood air flow when designing these vents!

• Like 1

The vents work well if your an inch away its freezing any further and it's as above, recirculate number 4 it is until my ears are broken and my face is frozen.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club