Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Heated Screen - Comes On On Its Own!!

Andee

My 2012 Fiesta Econetic II 1.6 TDI heated screen comes on on its own several times a week for approx. 10 mins at a time. At the same time the radiator fan comes on full blast too. This can happen from cold, a couple of mins into a drive or after an hour of driving. This happened this morning (outside temp 16 degrees).. No lights come on on the heater controls to indicate the screen is on and it cannot be turned off. Even stopping the engine and restarting does not stop the fan or screen. Has anyone had this problem before? I have reported it to my local dealer but as per normal 'no fault found' and they can only look into it when it happens.

Might be something to do with humidity even though its quite warm its been quite muggy early in the morning so to make sure the screen isnt fogging the heated screen comes on I think, fans probably kicking in cause of the car temperature ie because Its been sitting in the sun?

No its not that... It happens very randomly no matter what the weather. Both the screen and fan come on together and they cannot be turned off. Surely there is no automatic function that should do this that cannot be over-ridden. Like I said the heated screen LED does not come on. If you push the screen button ON the LED does come on and go off when you press it again but the screen is still ON.

I dont know for definate its only a theory might stand corrected

not automatic, i have the heated screen on my new fiesta and it hasnt come on by itself. i dotn have auto AC

How do you know the heated screen is on if the LED is off?

Because you can tell its ON.... If you look through a heated screen when its ON there is a flickering of detail such as a car number plate in the car infront of you or a road sign...Its that obvious... If you have a heated screen try it and you will see what i mean.

It sounds to me like a relay is cutting in randomly.

There must be a common linked item such as a relay that controls both the fan and the screen. Ford are more than useless as they will not look at it unless there is a problem at that specific time.. Thats why I am trying to see if anyone has had the same issue.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club