Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk2 Not Entering Learning Mode

saklak

the gauges should sit at zero with ignition off then when switched on should go to there marks you wont get a code necessarily if the cluster is faulty if replacing it fixed the problem then its likely the cluster is at fault its not uncommon for that to happen sounds to me like the cluster is faulty

Thanks for the answer.

I'm considering replacing the instrument cluster but I don't understand why is a ford dealer needed to reprogram the new instrument cluster. ( they said that they can

reprogram it but it costs 50 euro some kind of code ) is this true... ?

I know that instrument cluster must have less miles because you can only increase them any other thing I should be aware of ? Are there instrument clusters without

the fog lights indicator or something ?

the cluster is part of the pats anti theft system so has to be coded to the car you cant just stick one in and thats it just make sure the cluster is for a petrol or diesel other than that they are the same

• 5 years later...

Hi Salak, and other forum users,

I am having the same problem with my 2002 TDCi in that it won't enter learning mode which means I can't program a key fob to operate central locking.

However the immobiliser seems to work fine with the right number of flashes from the LED.

It's driving me nuts as the keys are now worn out from using them manually so I'd like to get the key fob to operate the central locking.

Usual suspects seem ok:

- Fuses good

- battery replaced

Just no 'bong' to indicate learning mode/programming mode was entered.

The 'bong' does operate with the lights on/ignition key removed/door open.

If someone has a solution, I would love to hear it :-)

Mark

• 3 years later...
On 7/13/2013 at 2:17 PM, artscot79 said:

learning mode is 0 to 2 4 times with the beep happening on the fourth turn as it returns to 0 then press the button on the fob you should get a beep within 3 secs press the button on any spare remotes youll get the beep now switch car on to 2 thenb off thats it no 3 beeps at the end

Thanks ,My foucs 2006 enter program mode after 4 time ,but when i press remote button there isn’t any feedback beeps nothing happened please if you can help 

• 2 years later...

Anyone shed a light on this issue since?
I have the same problem.
Central locking works. Current remote works, No DTCs. But cannot enter learning mode. I had a new key being made, programmed to the car that works, I wanted to learn the new fob but did not entered learning mode. Ended up swapping the board from the old key.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club