Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk4 2000 Power Window Problem

Gavin m

hello all.

I have a year 2000 uk , fiesta, and have a passenger side power window problem.

the motor seems to turn up fine, but doesn't turn down, I have replaced switches and still the same problem, and I have the same problem controlling passenger side window from drivers control pad.

We did purchase the car from a young boy who 'modded' the car, and had a issue a while ago with the drivers side motor, where it was going up and down intermittently on its own, we found the issue to be the fact the previous owner had spliced the wires in the footwell and powered a amp from the window live wire.

I can see any splicing going on on the passenger side, and the window has never worked.

I have pulled apart the casing and tested the switches and the switches seem to give a voltage of 12v when up is pressed and 9v when down is pressed.

Does anyone have a circuit diagram which shows how the motor to the switch is wired at all, or know what the problem could be?.

many thanks in advance

gavin

Oops, I noticed I said can see splice in wires on passenger side, I mesnt I cant see splice, I can post up a pic of the window motor if needed. Just wondering as only 2 pins on it, does the switch just reverse the current to get the motor to turn the other way?

Anyone have any idea and motor pic attached showing the connector

post-25975-0-00623100-1373839756_thumb.j

Anyone please? This is really annoying me, I got another motor and does the same thing

It will power 1 pin for forward and the other to reverse it and at a guess it is connected to the door for a negative

• 1 year later...

I have a similar problem with a mk1 focus. Got replacement motor but it doesnt have the 2 pin male connector. Part manufacturer says it doesnt come with a connector. Think I need to remove the d type connector from the car wiring and connect directly. Has anyone had this problem. Do you know how to safely remove the connector.

post-56366-0-93264600-1405772531_thumb.j

post-56366-0-17594000-1405772541_thumb.j

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club