Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Mk7 Heater & Ac Problem

V1M4L

Hi,

I've got a 2009 fiesta zetec..1.2 petrol, when ever I switch the heating on, it hardly seems to be blowing air out? Even if I put it on the highest level, it hardly comes out.

Also, when I switch my A/C on I seem to loose power when I accelerate, it's really noticeable when I'm accelerating in 2nd gear. There's also a slight boost in power every minute I'd say.

I had the air con re-gassed last year when I had the car serviced and I mentioned the a/c problem but they said they couldn't find any problems with it.

Any help would be much appreciated. :)

Thanks

The blower sounds like one of the most common faults on the fiesta, focus lines, its a resistor pack that controls the power to the fan motor, and as for the lack of power you are asking your little 1.2 engine to run its self and accessories such as the water pump and alternator as well as power steering and now an AC compressor, the Air conditioning will use a fair bit of grunt so use a little more of 1st gear to compensae for it, as for the power surge if it only happens when the AC is on it can be explained as the AC compressor will cycle on and off when cold enough.

Thanks for the reply. Do you think it could he the pollen filter being blocked? Bro in law took it out and said it was blocked and that could be causing it? Did seem more powerful when it was removed.

Thanks for the reply. Do you think it could he the pollen filter being blocked? Bro in law took it out and said it was blocked and that could be causing it? Did seem more powerful when it was removed.

The pollen filter will do nothing in helping the engine, it may hamper heating and ventilation flow, but I doubt that it would block the flow to that degree.

where about is the resistor pack and what would I have to change?

It will be under the kick panel to the centre console on the drivers side I believe, if you go to eBay or a parts seller they should be easily found. It will be a simple clip out then in. Check the tutorial section of the forums to see if anyone has made a guide. I might be able to look after work.

Change the pollen filter as a blocked filter would reduce the ventilation efficiency dramatically. As said before in hot weather the aircon will cause a major drag on a 1.2 engine.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

It will be under the kick panel to the centre console on the drivers side I believe, if you go to eBay or a parts seller they should be easily found. It will be a simple clip out then in. Check the tutorial section of the forums to see if anyone has made a guide. I might be able to look after work.

Nathan...any idea of what it looks like? Also...does anyone know the part number?

Thanks

Found it! it's on the passenger side...right in the corner...quite easy to identify, it's white. You need to disconnect the plub and 2 screws hold it in, as mentioned above.

Just need to find the part now, looked on eBay but none have the same code.