Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lowering

iverbigun

Hi all I'm currently rolling on 16"mini st alloys and have the zs kit fitted and am next looking at lowering. Just wondered by how much front and rear gotta be careful as there are mountains instead of road humps around here plus want to fit a triple composite splitter at some point cash flow permitted.

• Like 1

in that case dont bother i had mine on Eibach springs originally and the speed humps which are mountains like youres were causing damage that was without a zs kit fitted or a splitter mines now back on the normal springs lenny has his done but with 18 inch alloys that extra few inches may make all the difference height wise

Artscot how did you find the Eibach springs any good? Did they improve handling by much?

the handling was better less bodyroll providing youve got good tyres to match however the zetec as standard has the stiffer sports suspension the eibachs were even stiffer and on poor roads you really do feel every bump small bumps feel like youve hit a crater so it did get annoying after a while sadly the roads round here look like summat from a 3rd world country

Hi all I'm currenStanrolling on 16"mini st alloys and have the zs kit fitted and am next looking at lowering. Just wondered by how much front and rear gotta be careful as there are mountains instead of road humps around here plus want to fit a triple composite splitter at some point cash flow permitted.

Do it!

But fit 18" to complete the handling

I've done mine and the splitter is actually higher now than before lowering

Before lowering I couldn't fit my foot under the splitter when checking oil level in engine

Since lowering the rear dropped 35mm leveling the door sills and raising the nose to around 2.5" rolling 225/35/18

No trouble with ramps and can take roundabouts at 55kmh full rotation lol

Stance is greatly improved too

IMG_20130528_215240_zps5ae3d04d.jpg

IMG_20130528_220240_zps4fe2806b.jpg

IMG_20130603_165338_zps6f56e5b7.jpg

i think the 16s will be what causes issues i had 16s on mine well still do and the 18s may have given that extra bit of height

• Like 1

Was going to get 18" but just got mine painted black and I'm happy with them as the car is white it looks smart just seems to sit high with roll on corners but like you said comfort over handling could be the key as come first mot next year these speed bumps will have done some damage I'm guessing and ford will hammer me on the next service as the warranty runs out.

• Like 1

i think the 16s will be what causes issues i had 16s on mine well still do and the 18s may have given that extra bit of height

+1 mate

The 18 side wall is solid too so no squat compared to the bouncy 55mm side wall on the 16's

Both sized wheels have there advantages though.

Loving the splitter lenny was it easy to fit ? I've seen it on the st but I asked the bloke if it would fit zs and he wasn't sure.

• Like 1

Loving the splitter lenny was it easy to fit ? I've seen it on the st but I asked the bloke if it would fit zs and he wasn't sure.

Check The facebook page mate you can order from there, they do a splitter specifically for the ZS. the RS splitter is different.

Since we are on the question of suspension and springs i got a question.

1. Does the Zetec S have different suspension/springs to Zetec and Titanium? (MK2.5)

2. Is the Zetec S lower than Zetec and Titanium? (MK2.5)

If yes, they are different and lower, what are the difference between Zetec S suspension/springs and Eibach springs? Are they the same?

Would be greatful if someone could clear that up for me. (I already know for sure the mk3 ZS has firmer suspension/springs than Zetec and Titanium however i just cannot clarify that with mk2.5)

Shaun my apology for hijacking your thread. Curious myself about lowering

There are a splitter for the ZetecS and a different one for the st

Just jack up the front

The splitter has per drilled holes and comes supplied with stainless steel bolts nuts

2 people 20 minutes costs less than 130 euro

Check The facebook page mate you can order from there, they do a splitter specifically for the ZS. the RS splitter is different.

Since we are on the question of suspension and springs i got a question.

1. Does the Zetec S have different suspension/springs to Zetec and Titanium? (MK2.5)

2. Is the Zetec S lower than Zetec and Titanium? (MK2.5)

If yes, they are different and lower, what are the difference between Zetec S suspension/springs and Eibach springs? Are they the same?

Would be greatful if someone could clear that up for me. (I already know for sure the mk3 ZS has firmer suspension/springs than Zetec and Titanium however i just cannot clarify that with mk2.5)

Shaun my apology for hijacking your thread. Curious myself about lowering

Zetec suspension is lower than any other spec model titanium etc.

ZetecS suspension is the same as zetec

Eibach kit is lower than zetec

All petrols are lower than diesels on all models including zetec and Eibach

My Eibach lowered zetecS is around half an inch lower than my supervisors red petrol zetec

But if he was to lower on ford eibach kit he would be lower than me.

So there are model specific eibach kits for petrol and diesel models aswell as ST and RS

Diesel springs are stronger as diesels are heavier engines.

Zetec springs sit 10 mm lower than standard and are a lot stiffer lenny may correct me eibachs are 30mm drop so it will actually sit 20mm lower than the stiffer zetec springs the rear on the zetec is bog standard

• Like 1

Can Eibach lowering kit be fitted from factory? Reason why i ask is that my car seems very low, Looks lower than other focus even zetec S, How can i tell if Eibach kit has been fitted? how can i measure the height?

• Like 1

Its an option to have them fitted loom for big blue springs lol measuring i do the bottom of the arch in the centre to the top of the wheel

What is the standard measurement then mate?

]

Can Eibach lowering kit be fitted from factory? Reason why i ask is that my car seems very low, Looks lower than other focus even zetec S, How can i tell if Eibach kit has been fitted? how can i measure the height?

Its an option to have them fitted loom for big blue springs lol measuring i do the bottom of the arch in the centre to the top of the wheel

Diesel eibachs from ford are gloss black and have Eibach logo printed all over them IMG_20130519_162412_zps4c36b5d5.jpg
  • Like 1

Thanks man i will have a look at mine and see. Not really sure how the measurement makes sense as different wheel size will give a different number

• Like 1

Just an update chaps ordered the splitter and some black led rear lights. that's me skint now.:-D

• Like 2

Just an update chaps ordered the splitter and some black led rear lights. that's me skint now.:-D

Through up a Build thread :P

So i went out about an hour ago to check the springs and some nob has keyed my driver side door :- (

fqnn.jpg

There's a lot jealous people out there bud. The wife scratched my rear bumper with a pram she nearly ended up in the boot with it.

• Like 2

There's a lot jealous people out there bud. The wife scratched my rear bumper with a pram she nearly ended up in the boot with it.

+1 buggys are a nightmare,

I used to have this worry before they reached the age to walk long enough distances but sometimes still want carried,

Less height to lift it in to the car if you lowered it though ;)

i have a mk1 focus running 16 inch alloys with 40 tyres with a 50mm drop

Nice

So where standard 16" tyres are 205/55/R16 yours are 205/40/R16 overall then your focus is 65mm lower than standard,

How's the ride quality and what brand springs ?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club