Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Possible Clutch Issue?

rah^

So long story short

I picked up my Zetec back in April (59 plate - 23.5k miles on the clock)

Now I've been driving it mainly in/around Leeds for most of that time so slower speeds etc (as you can imagine with rush hour traffic) however in the last few weeks I've been out for some longer journeys due to certain reason I have noticed when in second/third and accelerating it almost feels like possibly the clutch is slipping (not that I know much about cars in all honesty) and by this it almost feels like you get the power then its not there and then its back again - its very minor but noticeable

As above I know very little when it comes to bits like this thus I assume it could be a whole host of things so any simple checks I could go for would be great :)

I guess not thus ill book it into the garage and have it checked :)

Are the revs going up but not the speed when you have this phenomena in second and third? If not than it's not your clutch. If so, yes it's you're clutch.

Haha someone else asked me that fella, I had a double/triple check and the answer is no

I also notice the same sort of thing happens in 1st / 4th and someone has mentioned to check leads/plugs to start?

• 4 weeks later...

So I took this back to my dealer who I got it from (they checked plugs/leads/coil pack) It was also plugged in and showed no faults - they test drove it and couldnt find anything yet I still feel theres an issue there!

Checking through it had new plugs at its third service back in November last year (also had new leads)

Is it worth changing the fuel filter to see if thats blocked in any way?

Soo this issue still exists (possibly worse since Ford had it in to look at!)

Its off back in this week again (booked in with a tech for another test drive!)

Sounds daft, but your not resting your left foot on the clutch pedal at all are you (riding the clutch) as this would cause these symptoms ?

Sounds daft, but your not resting your left foot on the clutch pedal at all are you (riding the clutch) as this would cause these symptoms ?

I'll admit I've not gone out of my way to check that (I'll give it a shot on my way to Newcastle tomorrow!)

Just make sure after every gear change, you completely take your foot away from the clutch ,,, I use to do it years ago and didn't even realise I was doing it.....

Its one of those thats hard to explain sometimes it does it, sometimes it doesnt

Generally it'll be second/third when it happens - conincides with wanting that bit more power say for a hill or going up the slip road onto the motorway at which point it happens

rather like a tone like this -----__------_-------- then the gear change! (I dont know how better to explain lol!)

Hi

First of all what size engine?

Does it have air con?

If has air con does it do it when air con switched on.

It's the 1.25 (82ps?) engine

It does have air con - I'll admit I've not noticed it when the air con is on / do notice the distinct lack of power tho when it's running!

I can test on my drive home in abit!

You do usually notice a massive drop in engine power when air con is on and this is normal and nothing to worry about

Didnt really notice it on the drive back with the air con on

Ah well it's going back to the Ford garage tomorrow thus hopefully it'll put my mind at ease about it!

So it went in today drove it with there tech guy in the car!

He's taken it in reset/updated ecu and problem seems to have for now gone!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club