Here some more pics of arm rest.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Ford OC mobile app

post-44509-139368245444_thumb.jpg

post-44509-139368247259_thumb.jpg

post-44509-139368248447_thumb.jpg

post-44509-139368250018_thumb.jpg

post-44509-139368252204_thumb.jpg

post-44509-139368255428_thumb.jpg

Very nice m8 :) u got the link for that??

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

Sorry can't get the link to copy but if u go to eBay and search "universal armrest" its the first one, should b £18.19 from a company called autobits_uk, also don't forget I had to make some additional spacers from wood sprayed black to make it fit, really easy to do, and it looks good and works well. :D

Oooo ok, i have found one for 35 and fits mk7 fiestas only so might get that :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Little update,

Have fitted mk3 mondeo auto dimming rear view mirror-well impressed, never used one before, and have started making some door scuff plates from aluminium plate. Will take photos and post them soon.

Glad you like it m8 easy to wire in? And nice nothing like making your own!!

• Like 1

Yep, FYI, the mirror I bought was the exact one u put a link up from eBay to. :D

• Like 1

Little update,

Have fitted mk3 mondeo auto dimming rear view mirror-well impressed, never used one before, and have started making some door scuff plates from aluminium plate. Will take photos and post them soon.

nice one fella and like the sound of your own scuff plates
  • Like 1

Glad you like it m8 easy to wire in? And nice nothing like making your own!!

nice one fella and like the sound of your own scuff plates

Have completed and fitted my home made door sills, have kept them fairly plain, just a little bit of paint to give them a bit of character. :D

post-44509-13950790172_thumb.jpgpost-44509-139507902899_thumb.jpg

Have also started to try and make my own front diffuser. Have used 6mm perspex, heated and bent to the correct angle to match the cars bumper, have got to cut it to shape, file it up and paint it. Fingers crossed it will look alright.

post-44509-139507933252_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

the door sills look good to me well done and will be checking out the home made splitter once you have cut and painted it hope it works well for you fella

• 1 month later...

Dan how did the splitter go? And any more mods come along m8?

Hi Dan. Have been off with the motor for a while because I smashed one of me new alloys on a pot hole. Really annoyed.

Am still trying out me home made splitter, will take a piccy tommorow, see what ya think? Im not sure?

Today though I completed my home made bonnet strut and bracket, which I think was a success. Will also take a photo of that for you to have a look at too.

I have been watching your car evolve in the last few weeks. I like the front end of your car a lot. Looks nicely finished off now. :D

Ahh man :/ was it an expensive fix?

Yh m8 get some pics up im sure its wicked

Im after an nb styling bonnet strut but i have a strut brace to fit, how did you make the bracket up? Im going to try and use their bracket and take measurements and make my own that will fit with the strut hopefully.

So yh get all the pics you can please :)

You got any more mods coming?

And yh the fronts done got a couple of cheeky mods for the mirrors and need to complete the rear then she all done :)

160 quid for new wheel and tyre which came today. :D

Will get some photos of my front splitter when it's done, meanwhile here are a few shots of the bonnet strut.

post-44509-139861171515_thumb.jpg

post-44509-13986117302_thumb.jpg

post-44509-139861174479_thumb.jpg

Very nice m8!! Please explain to me how you did your bonnet strut? Was going to get a kit of eBay but got a strut brace and it wont fit so will defo be interested in doing it your way!!! And love the red bar ;)

The bonnet strut was a bit fiddly to do but works really well. I used a strut that I couldn't compress by hand (very powerful) but on the car feels good once the weight of the bonnet is on it. The connection to the bonnet itself is a hole on the hinge that was already there! I used 6mm nuts and bolts+spring washers and threadlock. The bottom part was more work. I welded together a bracket that I then drilled and bolted to some of the body work that is directly beneath the back of the headlight.(you will need to remove headlight to drill and help design your bracket) This took a few attempts to get completely right. I also had to remove some plastic trim with a stanley knife for the strut to go through when bonnet is closed. When making your own the main thing for your strut needs to do apart from clearing everything when you close your bonnet is the distance between the two points where the strut connects to, cannot be shorter than the compressed length of your strut when the bonnet is closed, because you will not be able to close the bonnet!(The strut would have bottomed out before the bonnet is closed)Hope this helps. Any more questions, just ask. :D

do you have your own welder? it sounds easy enough but don't have access to them tools lol i was thinking of using the strut kit on eBay and moding the bracket that comes with it so it will fit should be easy to do i just have to trim the edges down on one side do it fits against the strut brace, if that doesn't work ill make my own like you did dan :) any more work on the splitter? and how did you paint your bonnet strut the red one? and have you painted the battery cover?

Have access to a mig welder at work so I just use that. Yeah, battery cover and bonnet stay I just took them off and sprayed them with some red hammerite. And the splitter I am hoping to finish this week. :D

nice alright for some hey ;) think I'm going to have to do mine ;) hehe looks the dogs!! and nice looking forward to it!!

So heres the splitter with a test fit, just needs paint. But what colour?

post-44509-139870447023_thumb.jpg

post-44509-139870448299_thumb.jpg

post-44509-139870449472_thumb.jpg

post-44509-13987045078_thumb.jpg

post-44509-139870451859_thumb.jpg

That looks genuine and really good would u interested in.making me one and selling it

Sent from my C5303 using Ford OC mobile app

Thanks, would love to help ya but I do my mods at work in my lunch hour and barely seem to have enough time to do my own. Has taken a while to get right and still needs priming, paint and laquer.

Looks amazing m8!!! Red by any chance?? ;)

Well here it is all finished, went with black for a more understated look.

post-44509-139879251373_thumb.jpg

post-44509-139879252926_thumb.jpg

Looks amazing m8!! But id have gone red tbh ;)

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club