Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Simple Mods

Ross M

Good Evening One & All,

Well when I ordered my Spirit Blue ST I always wanted the bits done in the attached photos.

Although the one bit I am most pleased with is the cam cover, which I saw done on a Frozen White demo car in the latest Fast Ford magazine. They had done the bit on the top of the cover white, but I couldnt see the point doing mine white. :P :P

I hope everyone likes what I have done and may use it for inspiration for there own car.

post-33218-0-47667200-1374002428_thumb.jIMG_0898.MOVpost-33218-0-92466000-1374002817_thumb.jpost-33218-0-32821200-1374003290_thumb.jpost-33218-0-64019900-1374003414_thumb.jpost-33218-0-91375800-1374003561_thumb.j

Ross

• Like 2

Cool. Liking the colour coded parts. Engine cover looks really good. Wish my car had a cover to paint!! :( Just wondered if you done the work yourself. Finish looks top notch.

• Like 1

Cool. Liking the colour coded parts. Engine cover looks really good. Wish my car had a cover to paint!! :( Just wondered if you done the work yourself. Finish looks top notch.

Cheers, I wanted to do it when i first saw the car and drove one. Can you not get a cam cover?

No, I had a professional body shop to all of the work. I have a motto, I would rather pay someone to a proper job than have me do it then have someone redo it all because I tried to penny pinch. :D

Fair point B) . And if you wasn't happy with the finish you can always take it back until you were happy which is always an advantage to having paid for something to be done. Just looked on eBay for cam cover for mk7 zs and nout came up :( . Also i think you probably need to be mega confident to purchase a new car and then start spraying at it yourself with cans of coloured hammerite spray paint from Halfords. :lol: lol. On the whole a very wise choice.PS, Many years of fun motoring to be had with ya car me thinks. :)

i so hate you lol, this is the color i wanted on my Zetec S haha and they said i had to pay extra for a full respray after delivery pfffff. llooks o good

Don't hate me, I had an S1600 which was a lovely car!

Yeah the idea of trying to buy tins from halfrauds and doing bits myself just sounds fraught with disaster! Yeah i love everything about it. 😃

Good Evening One & All,

Well when I ordered my Spirit Blue ST I always wanted the bits done in the attached photos.

Although the one bit I am most pleased with is the cam cover, which I saw done on a Frozen White demo car in the latest Fast Ford magazine. They had done the bit on the top of the cover white, but I couldnt see the point doing mine white. :P :P

I hope everyone likes what I have done and may use it for inspiration for there own car.

attachicon.gifIMG_0900.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_0898.MOVattachicon.gifIMG_0897.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_0896.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_0895.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_0901.JPG

Ross

Idea stolen!!! :D Totally getting mine done in white when i get it!!

Good Evening One & All,

attachicon.gifIMG_0900.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_0898.MOVattachicon.gifIMG_0897.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_0896.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_0895.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_0901.JPG

Ross

Also any instructions on removing the lower grille/fog light surrounds? the washer jets? the mirror base? before I start hacking away at my new car and breaking all the plastics... :unsure:

Also any instructions on removing the lower grille/fog light surrounds? the washer jets? the mirror base? before I start hacking away at my new car and breaking all the plastics... :unsure:

No idea chap, as I said above I paid a bodyshop do it all. That was another reason I paid someone to do it as there is more to it than just painting bits. ;)

• Like 1

Looking Awesome :)

How much did it cost roughly ???

If the pre facelift is anything to go by the Washer jets just remove the insulation under the bonnet and squeeze and push. The grill just needs a good pull its held in with plastic tabs. Fog surrounds I believe there's a screw behind them that holds them in. Mirrors not a clue

Ollie, £400. To some that would seem expensive, but the paint shop i use are excellent, and I believe you get what you pay for and I think the results speak for themselves 👍

• Like 1

Ollie, £400. To some that would seem expensive, but the paint shop i use are excellent, and I believe you get what you pay for and I think the results speak for themselves

In all honesty I thought you were going to say £600 but that is a great price for a great finish :), I especially like the lower grille

• Like 1

In all honesty I thought you were going to say £600 but that is a great price for a great finish :), I especially like the lower grille

Cheers, I am really happy with the results.

Even the dealer who sold me it wants to see it (maybe to suggest to others to get it done) :D

I do want a nice shiny oil cap now to finish it off. B) I think there is a company online that does them.

• Like 1

Cheers, I am really happy with the results.

Even the dealer who sold me it wants to see it (maybe to suggest to others to get it done) :D

I do want a nice shiny oil cap now to finish it off. B) I think there is a company online that does them.

yeah think i'm going to sort Mountune out first and an exhaust and then proceed with getting my black plastic painted (which ford should of done in the first place :p)

• Like 1

yeah think i'm going to sort Mountune out first and an exhaust and then proceed with getting my black plastic painted (which ford should of done in the first place :P)

I agree, on the concept fiesta st the grilles were gloss black and the headlights had black sounds in them too. Any ideas on what your getting for the exhaust? catback or decat? I think im gonna go for a powerflow one...eventually!

What I don't understand is other cars in the Ford range come with gloss inserts! Somewhat :wacko: , I imagine it coming down to money.

The mountune package looks very appealing! :P :D B)

• Like 1

I agree, on the concept fiesta st the grilles were gloss black and the headlights had black sounds in them too. Any ideas on what your getting for the exhaust? catback or decat? I think im gonna go for a powerflow one...eventually!

I think i'm going to go to Milltek Cat Back non resonated :)

just going to leave it till after the ford fair as i was reading yesterday that mountune are keeping certain items under lock and key until the show so hopefully they might have done an exhaust system (it's Friday i like to be optimistic :D )

• Like 1

What I don't understand is other cars in the Ford range come with gloss inserts! Somewhat :wacko: , I imagine it coming down to money.

The mountune package looks very appealing! :P :D B)

I know but come on i saw a poverty spec KA with gloss inserts surely they could of done it for the ST, it just finishes the car off

Just grabbed my self a bargain, where i work there's a chap who is doing a lot of smart repairs (shine) and because he is doing so much work at the industrial estate he just offered to do my front fog inserts and grille for £70.00 can't complain as his workmanship is excellent. (dealership wanted 230 + vat)

• Like 1

How easy is it to get the insert and fog light surrounds out? Been looking for an answer to the question but no one seems to know :-)

• Like 1

How easy is it to get the insert and fog light surrounds out? Been looking for an answer to the question but no one seems to know :-)

Just been speaking to a guy named Josh on the ST owners club site and he told me that with a bit of a forceful pull they just come out, just don't pull to fast as the clips could snap.

i also got them a bit cheaper as i said i would take them out (oops haha) i will let you know how i get on :)

the work will be getting done on Tuesday (ill keep you posted)

Thanks for your quick reply. i get my st in a week or so and this is the first on my list of jobs to do but i know ill get it cheaper if I cant get the grille and fog surrounds out. So this would be a HUUUUGE help if you could tell me how to do it....maybe post a few pics if you would be so kind!! I know it'll get loadsa hits on here as more people get their ST's!!! Thanks in advance!!

Thanks for your quick reply. i get my st in a week or so and this is the first on my list of jobs to do but i know ill get it cheaper if I cant get the grille and fog surrounds out. So this would be a HUUUUGE help if you could tell me how to do it....maybe post a few pics if you would be so kind!! I know it'll get loadsa hits on here as more people get their ST's!!! Thanks in advance!!

I'll be taking them out on the weekend as a test run don't want to look stupid on the Tuesday haha . I'll get some pics up when I have them out and so forth :).

Also I know this is Ross thread but what do you think to this red moulding tape idea??? Opinions???

post-44689-0-85377800-1374683475_thumb.j

post-44689-0-04380400-1374683486_thumb.j

• Like 1