Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Simple Mods

Ross M

Got to impatient for the weekend so I've already done my practice on removing them I've created a thread hope it helps :)

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/45987-removing-fog-light-inserts-and-lower-grille-on-a-mk7-st/

Absolute legend!!! Thanks for taking the time!! Hope I can return the favour with a mod help in the future!!

• Like 1

I'll be taking them out on the weekend as a test run don't want to look stupid on the Tuesday haha . I'll get some pics up when I have them out and so forth :).

Also I know this is Ross thread but what do you think to this red moulding tape idea??? Opinions???

I really like the red moulding tape accents. Any ideas where to get it from and how easy the stuff is to use?

I'm sure you will be able to :)

I really like the red moulding tape accents. Any ideas where to get it from and how easy the stuff is to use?

It's on eBay for about (3mm thick apparently the 4mm is to thick) £10.00 just heat it up and apply neatly I like it but not sure I would like it forever haha, but not sure on the durability :/ hmm. Research I think is required haha

I really like that red detailing, although I feel it suits the black st more 😃

As for removing surrounds and grilles I mentioned before that I got a body shop to remove them as I'm not that good with spanners and what not 😝

I went out the Sunday just gone and the car it a lot of attention and a few fellow owners loved what I'd done 👍

• Like 1

I really like that red detailing, although I feel it suits the black st more

As for removing surrounds and grilles I mentioned before that I got a body shop to remove them as I'm not that good with spanners and what not

I went out the Sunday just gone and the car it a lot of attention and a few fellow owners loved what I'd done

No spammers required haha :)

I can't get it all done at once :( due to the woman wanting to go to Cuba :/

But hey can't wait

So jealous :)

• Like 1

Don't be jealous, Cuba sounds nice 👍

I'm no good with spanners so I'd rather pay someone to do it for me!

• Like 1

It's on eBay for about (3mm thick apparently the 4mm is to thick) £10.00 just heat it up and apply neatly I like it but not sure I would like it forever haha, but not sure on the durability :/ hmm. Research I think is required haha

I found this on eBay for £3.50. Might be worth a buy for that price, nothing lost if I dont like it and take it off or they fall off!!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Delicate-Car-Decorative-Moulding-Line-Trim-Strip-Red-5M-/190614826762?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2c61876f0a

How do you fit it though ??? Do you know ??? I've just bought some haha

• Like 1

How do you fit it though ??? Do you know ??? I've just bought some haha

Haha!! Oh no i feel kind of responsible for the quality now :-( but the listing says just warm the back with a hairdryer to help the adhesive and stick it on for 24hrs. Let me know what its like...plus maybe the odd pic. Appologies in advance if its a load of...

Lets hope it comes off easy haha or I blame you :p

I found this on ebay for £3.50. Might be worth a buy for that price, nothing lost if I dont like it and take it off or they fall off!!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Delicate-Car-Decorative-Moulding-Line-Trim-Strip-Red-5M-/190614826762?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2c61876f0a

Do you fit this to your car or eat it?

Looks like liquorice to me!

Haha I'm not sure but if it goes wrong least I have 5m of liquorice haha

Just been speaking to a guy named Josh on the ST owners club site and he told me that with a bit of a forceful pull they just come out, just don't pull to fast as the clips could snap.

i also got them a bit cheaper as i said i would take them out (oops haha) i will let you know how i get on :)

the work will be getting done on Tuesday (ill keep you posted)

Did you get the grilles done? good? found a local body shop that cant do it as soon as I get the car, doing plastic primer, primer and then spray. They have asked me to make sure the dealership do not spray silicone as it could create a problem with paint adhesion. Do Ford dealerships do that though? I wouldn't have thought so. Any ideas?

Did you get the grilles done? good? found a local body shop that cant do it as soon as I get the car, doing plastic primer, primer and then spray. They have asked me to make sure the dealership do not spray silicone as it could create a problem with paint adhesion. Do Ford dealerships do that though? I wouldn't have thought so. Any ideas?

Nope not yet, he should be arriving at mine in about 30mins, and i will let you know the outcome and upload pics :) (start my own thread) also no silicone spray has been put on mine, they're just a standard plastic finish.

I will try and find out how he will tackle the spraying as i don't want to teach him how to suck eggs haha

Nope not yet, he should be arriving at mine in about 30mins, and i will let you know the outcome and upload pics :) (start my own thread) also no silicone spray has been put on mine, they're just a standard plastic finish.

I will try and find out how he will tackle the spraying as i don't want to teach him how to suck eggs haha

I am genuinely excited for you. Yeh would love to see pics of the work. Hope it goes well. 1 more week to wait till i get mine hopefully.

He has arrived, pity i can't stay with him :( back to my desk i go haha