Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Engine Mod scams?

Grilled

I always come across these things on eBay always offering extra performance and better fuel ecomnomy, but are any of them safe and actually work?

I bought a resister for like £5, never used it, gave it to my mate who put it in his nova, and it worked, but made the engine management light come on. A lot of people say that those just tend to blow your engine up as well.

Also I've noticed the small fan like object that go inside your air intake pipes that apparently increase performance and brake, but yet have no idea what to think of that.

Currently I've came across 'power boost valves' that vary from £12-£30.. then what appears to be a 'real' one for £100. I'm wondering if there's much difference in these two products.

Cheap ebay item

Not as cheap ebay item

Expensive car performance item

Question I'm really asking, do these really do anything, and if they do are there consequences?

no, mate there no good, resistors only trick your engine into getting more fuel, and anything that fits inside your intake pipes cause a restriction so no they wont work either.. :)

steve

www.sr-performance.co.uk

I always come across these things on ebay always offering extra performance and better fuel ecomnomy, but are any of them safe and actually work?

I bought a resister for like £5, never used it, gave it to my mate who put it in his nova, and it worked, but made the engine management light come on. A lot of people say that those just tend to blow your engine up as well.

Also I've noticed the small fan like object that go inside your air intake pipes that apparently increase performance and brake, but yet have no idea what to think of that.

Currently I've came across 'power boost valves' that vary from £12-£30.. then what appears to be a 'real' one for £100. I'm wondering if there's much difference in these two products.

Cheap ebay item

Not as cheap ebay item

Expensive car performance item

Question I'm really asking, do these really do anything, and if they do are there consequences?

those resistors only trick the ECU into thinking that your engine is running cold, therefore keeping the auto choke open, which overfuels the engine and can cause massive failures at worst, or poor running due to coked up spark plugs at best.

i wouldn't waste money on those so-called performance mods. get it done properly by the professionals.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club