Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Ecoboost 125 Remap

claus10

What do you mean?

He/they remapped my Fiesta 125 Ecoboost and got it to rock HARD :P

well i see that people are talkign abot remaps and Utune. And then you asked how many were interested. Can't firgure which one you are talking about lol?

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• claus10

• Willy

• Lester1102

• Imbalance

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

well i see that people are talkign abot remaps and Utune. And then you asked how many were interested. Can't firgure which one you are talking about lol?

Remaps and Utune are kinda the same thing I guess. I can't see how you guys in the UK or outside DK can get your Fiesta's mapped with a map from Landberg with their Utune device, except if he has some kind of partnership with a UK based tuner.

Anyway, I've mailed them let's hope they can shed some light on the issue :-)

Very nice mate, i ordered a titanium 125 for the missis on saturday with spare wheel, 17" alloys, full dress up kit, driver assistance pack, rear view camera, and changing of the front upper and lower grilles for ZETEC S grilles.

The only problem is as i have had so much optional its a brand new factory build so could be 8 weeks :(

Got a spanking deal too, cant wait to see those LED DRLs against that white bodykit!!

Good choice.....mine is also for my wife as I have my Cooper S as a plaything!!

She wanted the bodykit but for some reason they don't offer it on the X and that was the one she fell in love with so I just had bigger wheels etc for her.

Whereabouts in Leicestershire are you?

I just e-mailed a tuner here in France which is 30 minutes from me. Asked if he has already remapped a ecoboost cause he doesn't have it in his list of reprogrammed moteurs. XD. Will see what he answers and maybe he'll ask me ti bring the car in if i'm the first too ask =)

I'm also quite curious for a dyno run of it, as I also live in Denmark and got a 125 hp ecoboost version.

That being said I'm under the impression it's now strictly illegal to remap your car in Denmark - have you (OP) done anything towards this, or will you just use the utune to map it back to normal before service etc. ?

It has always been illegal to have your car remapped in DK without running it through various tests that will cost a fortune. I've just got it remapped. No Utune etc. If Ford overwrites the software at the next service, hopefully Landberg will reinstall it. I'm not gonna install the original map when having the car serviced.

It has always been illegal to have your car remapped in DK without running it through various tests that will cost a fortune. I've just got it remapped. No Utune etc. If Ford overwrites the software at the next service, hopefully Landberg will reinstall it. I'm not gonna install the original map when having the car serviced.

Ok my bad, I actually thought it was something new.

It does however sound like a lot of hassle, so I guess I'll just start saving up for an ST instead :lol:

Ok my bad, I actually thought it was something new.

It does however sound like a lot of hassle, so I guess I'll just start saving up for an ST instead :lol:

Something new? Like what? :D A remap is a remap.

A lot of hassle? It's easy. Drive up to Landberg, let him program your car, and drive away with a lot more power and torque.

Something new? Like what? :D A remap is a remap.

A lot of hassle? It's easy. Drive up to Landberg, let him program your car, and drive away with a lot more power and torque.

I should probably had explained that better, I meant the laws against it being new - not the remap itself :)

AFAIR there were new laws introduced in 2012 in Denmark, but then again my memory could be off.

As for the hassle it's not the actual tuneup, that part is simple enough I agree.

It's about the laws, servicing, semi-annual MOT test (where they will spot it being tuned, unless you detune it beforehand), and finally the risk of being involved in an accident and having your insurance not cover it, because your car is not legal.

So if getting it legally tuned up is expensive due to tests and so forth, I'd rather save up for an ST :)

I should probably had explained that better, I meant the laws against it being new - not the remap itself :)

AFAIR there were new laws introduced in 2012 in Denmark, but then again my memory could be off.

As for the hassle it's not the actual tuneup, that part is simple enough I agree.

It's about the laws, servicing, semi-annual MOT test (where they will spot it being tuned, unless you detune it beforehand), and finally the risk of being involved in an accident and having your insurance not cover it, because your car is not legal.

So if getting it legally tuned up is expensive due to tests and so forth, I'd rather save up for an ST :)

I haven't heard about any new laws or semi annual tests sorry :-)

I have never heard of any car crash where the insurance company discovered it was remapped and thereby didn't cover the costs. Sorry, but I thing you are seeing ghosts that isn't there. BUT I will say though, remapping is not for everyone. If you fear stuff will go wrong next time you slam the pedal to the metal then it isn't for you. Otherwise go for it :-)

An ST is another 120.000 DKK but what a great car it is :D

I haven't heard about any new laws or semi annual tests sorry :-)

I have never heard of any car crash where the insurance company discovered it was remapped and thereby didn't cover the costs. Sorry, but I thing you are seeing ghosts that isn't there. BUT I will say though, remapping is not for everyone. If you fear stuff will go wrong next time you slam the pedal to the metal then it isn't for you. Otherwise go for it :-)

An ST is another 120.000 DKK but what a great car it is :D

I did some googling on it, it seems it's now illegal to be the company performing the remap as well (introduced in 2012).

Not sure how Landberg gets around this, but obviously they're capable of it. So guess nothing is changed for the end consumer.

As for semi annual tests I'm talking about the thing called "syn" in Denmark - it's every 2nd year and they will check how much the car pollutes etc. (which usually goes up with remapping)

Your point about me seeing ghosts is probably spot on - I do tend to overthink things, and you're right remapping probably isn't for me.

Thanks for your time discussing the topic though :-)

I did some googling on it, it seems it's now illegal to be the company performing the remap as well (introduced in 2012).

Not sure how Landberg gets around this, but obviously they're capable of it. So guess nothing is changed for the end consumer.

As for semi annual tests I'm talking about the thing called "syn" in Denmark - it's every 2nd year and they will check how much the car pollutes etc. (which usually goes up with remapping)

Your point about me seeing ghosts is probably spot on - I do tend to overthink things, and you're right remapping probably isn't for me.

Thanks for your time discussing the topic though :-)

Landberg writes on the mainsite that chiptuning is for motorsports only, but i guess its mainly because that the remap u can reach on both turbo petrols and diesels exceeds the 20% rule quite easy, and its always been hard to see if u tuned a newer car, and i guess thats why newer rules just makes all of it illigal...

I asked before if the Ecoboost will be able to be OBD tuned (and i can be), and when you use the Onboard Diagnostic route u can easely revert it back to standard if u buy a Utune unit (yourself) for MOT (SYN) if it would fail it, so u dont need to take anything apart or change out as u usually do with NA tuning or bigger rebuilds..

Most of us bought a 2013 version, so no MOT before 2017, so dont worry so much.. :)

Landberg writes on the mainsite that chiptuning is for motorsports only, but i guess its mainly because that the remap u can reach on both turbo petrols and diesels exceeds the 20% rule quite easy, and its always been hard to see if u tuned a newer car, and i guess thats why newer rules just makes all of it illigal...

I asked before if the Ecoboost will be able to be OBD tuned (and i can be), and when you use the Onboard Diagnostic route u can easely revert it back to standard if u buy a Utune unit (yourself) for MOT (SYN) if it would fail it, so u dont need to take anything apart or change out as u usually do with NA tuning or bigger rebuilds..

Most of us bought a 2013 version, so no MOT before 2017, so dont worry so much.. :)

:driving:

Good point about MOT not being before 2017 :)

If you get a dyno run of it I'm still curious to see it, as it just might win me over :D

I got mail from Landberg.dk. Utune is currently not working with the Fiesta so it's not an option at the moment. They are working on a solution, but right now the only way is to show up with your car in Denmark.

I got mail from Landberg.dk. Utune is currently not working with the Fiesta so it's not an option at the moment. They are working on a solution, but right now the only way is to show up with your car in Denmark.

Thanks for the feedback - I'm definately going to wait for Utune support before being interested (going to get the car serviced once a year, so if they override the tuneup each time, it'll be a bit too expensive without Utune to tune it back afterwards)

Why should a Ford service include a override of the engine management?

They would only focus on normal service, brakes, fluids ect..

The Utune option is not so important for me either, and when the OBD method is used it can revert it back by the tuner too, but i would like to see a support of it later on..

Why should a Ford Service include a override of the engine management?

They would only focus on normal service, brakes, fluids ect..

The Utune option is not so important for me either, and when the OBD method is used it can revert it back by the tuner too, but i would like to see a support of it later on..

I suppose they normally wouldn't, but in case there's an update to the official ECU, or if they diagnose something being off (like for instance the tuneup).

Again I'm properly overthinking it, but being able to easily swap between it being tuned up or not just seems like it would come in handy.

Why should a Ford Service include a override of the engine management?

The ECU can be updated during servicing and it has been known that conventional remaps have been deleted because of this

Tuning boxes that can be removed during servicing or remaps that san be removed/ replaced by the user get round this and are popular for lease cars or cars still undr warrantee

The ECU can be updated during servicing and it has been known that conventional remaps have been deleted because of this

Tuning boxes that can be removed during servicing or remaps that san be removed/ replaced by the user get round this and are popular for lease cars or cars still undr warrantee

Well if it needs an update because some issues can be fixed with a update, i guess it will interfere with the remap, but i dont think this will be happening that often...

Landberg finally replied me, and put a needle in my balloon :unsure:, and wrote that the 100hp like mine wont reach more then 120hp and 200nm, and the turbo is different on the 100 and 125hp, i guess i knew since i speculated about the overboost function, that mine dosn't have, and cheap upgrades by buying a lower spec of the same engine isnt always a win win..

But i want to upgrade the suspension first, Eibach swaybar kit and coilovers and 17" alloys will drain most of my funds this year anyway..

Why dont you get a 125 ps turbo? Not sûre if Thats possible.

Why dont you get a 125 ps turbo? Not sûre if Thats possible.

Well some boyracer might already have crashed his, but the turbo is not really hidden, and a new turbo would set u back 3-500£ atleast, and getting it fitted, and remapped specially for my car wouldn't really be cheap..

Getting a 125ps turbo upgrade wouldent make sense, buying the 125ps to start with would but im a big boy and i decided to save the money, and getting a remap and getting as much as the 125ps would reach is not possible, but allcartuning.com does do a 145ps kit, but Landberg think its not possible at all, because of the different turbo..

If a turbo upgrade would come along later, with new exhaust from turbo to tail end then i might consider it..

Hi I have a 125ps and was wondering what the difference I'm the turbo was and also what did you mean by over boost function cheers

For me the overboost function is only on the ST.

Ok so what is the difference between the turbo on the 100ps and the turbo on the 125ps

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club