Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Automatic Light Sensor? 2013 Fiesta

claus10

There is a small round "ball" in the center dash just under the front window. Is this the light sensor for the interior? Is it possible to adjust something on the Fiesta so it will adjust the headlights as well (LED daylight, dimmed LED when dark and normal headlights on)?

My Fiesta Titanium is totally standard, only cruise control as an added option.

doesnt the titanium have auto lights? If you have the thing i would thing you have the auto lights. Then if you want to be sure you should have the A selection on the lights knob.

anyways i think that ball thing is for exterior lights

Claus just for your information. A DK and a UK Titanium is not equipped identical

Kenny: Thank you for the info :-)

FiestaZS: That's what I would have though, however the lightknob on the left side of the steeringwheel doesn't have an "A" marker as in automatic lightning.

well i think the last thing you have to do is turn the car on. Then put your hand or a cloth over the ball and see what happens =)

i thought it would be auto lights but it could still be that and that the small ball is still installed. (Maybe all you need is a knob and have it activated to have auto lights. No idea but could be cool if that thing is for auto lights)

well i think the last thing you have to do is turn the car on. Then put your hand or a cloth over the ball and see what happens =)

i thought it would be auto lights but it could still be that and that the small ball is still installed. (Maybe all you need is a knob and have it activated to have auto lights. No idea but could be cool if that thing is for auto lights)

Will try it tomorrow and see what it does. But one thing is for sure - it doesn't adjust the headlights :)

If anyone knows if it can be installed easily I'd like to hear from them.

I Asked the dealer if they could turn on the rear light permanently. But the didn't know how to do it yet. :rolleyes:
How difficult can it be to turn it on in the computer or just move a wire or two. :lol:

why would you want the rear light on all the time?

So I dont have to turn it on myself in fog and dim light.

When I take off in the morning the light doesnt turn on automatic

It's a sensor for climate control.

what does is do for the climate control? I mean i have it and i dont have auto climat control cause i hardly use it. only on motorway, other than that windows down =)

I dont have climate only aircon.

The ball in the center at the front is like inath says for the climate control.

If you had auto light you would have a sensor at the top of the screen behind the rear view mirror.

You could do a wiring mod via an ignition live incorpoorating a relay to switch the lights on automatically.But not a 10 minute job to do.

• 2 months later...

Hi all, I have the new ST now and can confirm that the dome is actually a light sensor. I have no auto lights or climate control on my car.

When I cover the dome with my hand (even in bright sun) the sat nav screen switches to night mode (stars also appear at the top) and the dashboard illumination dims down in stages.

Responds quickly when i go in and out of tunnels or start the car on a dull morning.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club