Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Latest Fiesta

dalester

quite a few people have said the boot sensor is faulty and keeps going off

also i think someone said their boot locked shut on them and they couldnt open it

Some people were saying the gearbox was a bit poo for several reasons, but others were saying it was normal. the problems were crunching into reverse, reversing gear noise in the forward gears, and somebodys keeps poppin out of reverse

I think i remember someone said that their rear diffuser part fell off as they were driving and they didnt know it had, then they were told by their dealer that it had happened before.

I havent heard any really bad stuff yet, but it is quite early still.

That's great!

Any stories about experiences with the new Fiesta/stories of problems would be great. :)

cant give you any tales of woe im afraid. Mine hasnt arrived yet, but i bought it after hearing about the above and i am confident about the car being good

This is mainly because i have a 12 year old fiesta outside and its done 150,000. Despite its previous owners NEVER putting a stamp in the service book, absolutely no proof whatsoever that the car has been looked after, no receipts, no nothing and its still good.

As a result i see this new version being good for at least 250,000 (Dont know if ill be keeping it that long tho lol - but i rekon ill keep the new one for at least 8 years)

only problem i had with mine, is the fuses went on the lights and power button, an wipers but this was during the cold spell a few months back, an my car was frozen solid in snow an it was like minus 8 some nights.... or well thats what ford said anyway lol... so much for all their testing in all climates... but still a great car.. we have two new fiestas on our drive, and an 08 plate fiesta zetec blue, 07 fiesta, and 2 ka's in 55 plates, and a focus which is old (a 02 reg) lol

and all of them great cars!! never any problems...

the black ka is doing the best, its done 120 thousand miles now an never had a service... apart from what dad has done on basics.. tyres, oil etc....

or well thats what ford said anyway lol... so much for all their testing in all climates... but still a great car..

Ahh, so you contacted Ford customer services? Did they just advise that it was out of their control?

yeah, they said it was the extream weather, and because i complained to the dealer i now have this years service for free which saves me a bit :)

also i think someone said their boot locked shut on them and they couldnt open it

That would be mine! But ford managed to fix it rather quickly, and its never happened again. It's also the only problem i've had with the Fiesta. In general, theses cars havent showen up any major problems.

i hope you didnt have any ice cream in there lol... :ph34r:

Iv'e only heard of the boot issue... but apparently its because the boot is 'rather light' according to some of the dealers, which means people close it but it doesn't fully close (i.e. it has to be closed with a little force). If not, then the lock can (as with all other cars) malunction locking the boot semi-open. It just happens with the fiesta becasue the boot isn't heavy enough to close under its own weight.

Not a major issue though, just be sure to close it properly.

That's great!

Any stories about experiences with the new Fiesta/stories of problems would be great. :)

WHY are you so keen to find out what problems people are having? WHY are you so pleased that there are a few minor problems?

Are you a reporter or a journalist? Do you work for another company and want to dish the dirt on Ford & Fiestas?

UNless you can prove your intentions to the forum moderators I would urge them and the forum members to be very wary of what they say on this forum or the next thing they know they will be being quoted in the press.

If your intentions are honourable, I apologise. But your posting asking for problems and the delight in your repsonse makes me wonder.

ALL posts in this thread will be now monitered heavily.

ALL posts are posted at users own risk.

I understand the worrys about the identity of posters, but it does seem rather strange you thinking the faults of other users are "great" to you.

Well my car has been absolutly perfect not a single fault at all, I have only had it 2.5 weeks but it has already done well over 2000 miles as its an instructor car. So if you trying to find things wrong with the Fezzer then put that mines is brilliant in your article.

Hi there,

I'm conducting a report on Ford Complaints, and was wondering where else you might post a complaint against Ford, and if there have been any instances in which Ford have stepped in to give you assitance whilst using forums etc?

Many thanks

He doesnt mean he gets a laugh from others problems! This is a PM that he sent me explaining whats what before he posted this topic.

only problem i had with mine, is the fuses went on the lights and power button, an wipers but this was during the cold spell a few months back, an my car was frozen solid in snow an it was like minus 8 some nights.... or well thats what ford said anyway lol... so much for all their testing in all climates... but still a great car.. we have two new fiestas on our drive, and an 08 plate fiesta zetec blue, 07 fiesta, and 2 ka's in 55 plates, and a focus which is old (a 02 reg) lol

the black ka is doing the best, its done 120 thousand miles now an never had a service... apart from what dad has done on basics.. tyres, oil etc....

Must be a joke. Or your Ford dealer does not know what he is talking about. Here in Norway its below minus 8 most of the winter, and the fuses has never caused any problem.

Glad to see I'm not the only Ka fan on this forum--what fantastic little cars they are.

My Janet's on her third one and she loves it---as well as reliability it's amazing just how much stuff you can get in a Ka.

We had a complete bathroom suite in our first one--OK the front seat was folded forward---it always fetches the Xmas tree (you can't beat a real one--such a pleasant smell and just adds to the atmosphere of Xmas).

Back to your question Dale, I've had no problems with my fiesta and I've had it since January.

Well where do i start........

I was driving down the motorway and my door just fell off...... i thought it was a one off until my other door fell off going round a round about.

I wasnt to concerned as it was a hot day, so it saved me using the air con. I then parked up and found i had a flat tyre so i opened the boot which i noticed had 'made in japan' on it ...... the cheek!

I got out the spare wheel which was from a bmx 8" bmx wheel and continued trying to change the wheel. I got out the jack but he wasnt in the mood so went with jill to fetch a pale of water. I had to lift the car with one hand while changing the wheel with the other, so it was quite handy that i had eaten my spinach just before. I changed the wheel but lost all the bolts to tighten it back up, so i just used a bit of sticky back plastic.

After changing the wheel i realised i was late so jumped in the car which was obviously quicker and easier to enter now it had no doors, started her up and found that the engine was making a strange noise. I jumped out (i was quite energetic with all the jumping, think the spinach was still working) and opened the bonnet. I soon discovered that one of the hamsters in his wheel was not to well so quickly swapped it for another and it was soon back to full power. Mine is the uprated version with 15 whp (wheeled hamster power). After having such a bad day i decided to solve global warming, hunger and provide world peace.

There you go dalester, thats about as accurate as the papers are so it should slot in pretty nicely. If your not a journalist then my apologies but it should at least make you smile.

PS. i have had no problems what so ever with my fiesta, it has been spot on since the day i got it.

He doesnt mean he gets a laugh from others problems! This is a PM that he sent me explaining whats what before he posted this topic.

Fair enough. But why wasn't he up front about it. He could have put that in his original post, at least everyone would have known what he was about then.

Hey guys,

What faults have you experienced with the latest Fiesta release?

Cheers!

I had a problem with the gears yesterday. Basically couldn't change gear and turned out to be the gear linkage had popped out of place. The garage were great and had it fixed within hours. They said they couldn't see anything to explain how this happened and could only guess that it hadn't been properly connected during the build process.

The car's only done 1000 miles and I'm a very careful driver. My garage has filed a report with Ford to make them aware. But it does look to be a genuine one off event. Certainly no talk of regular occurances of this on the web.

This is my first ever Ford and I have to say I'm thoroughly impressed with it. It's an absolute dream to drive!! I find myself looking for excuses to "pop to the shops" so I can take it out. Went to Tescos the other night at 11pm because I realised I was out of kitchen roll :)

Went to Tescos the other night at 11pm because I realised I was out of kitchen roll :)

lol love it!!

Glad your loving your car ;)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club