Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Water In Spare Tyre Well

ayrshiredude

Had to change the rear indicator bulb tonight and took the rear floor out to better remove the side wall. However I was shocked to find the spare wheel sitting in about 2 inches of water.

Is there not a drain for this?

It shouldn't have any water in there in the first place and if your car is under warranty take it back to ford. If you want to drain it (after taking pics to prove it to ford) just remove the centre bolt that holds the spare down should do it

I did unscrew the centre bolt and removed the tyre and the tool kit but the water was kinda to the back of the centre. The car might be on a slight angle so might try moving it tomorrow. Problem Is I won't be able to take it to the garage for at least another 3 weeks. Will ask if they will come collect it but I guess they prob wont.

If they are any good they will come collect it the pre facelift had the same issue thought they might have fixed it by now. And check to make sure your carpets not wet aswell or it will start to smell if left damp

Well called Arnold Clark this morning and they are coming to collect it next Tuesday as I need it Fri to Mon. They said they would need it for a few days till they found the leak.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club