Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus Problems

dalester

Hey all,

You'll be getting sick of me now.....any problems with the Ford Focus at all? I see that MPG is starting to become a bit of a debate, is this a common problem?

No problems at all with mpg. For the size of car the focus gives average miles per gallon return. Though as with all makes take manufacturers claims with a pinch of salt.

No problems at all with mpg. For the size of car the focus gives average miles per gallon return.

...except the MK2 1.4 petrol which gives pitiful MPG. My neighbours used to have one and didn't do much better than 200 miles off a full tank. In contrast, my MK1 1.8 TDDI with 135k on the clock is currently giving about 55MPG.

As if it isn't complicated enough, petrol is now much cheaper than diesel by more than 10p per litre so you need to factor that into your running costs too.

Yeah on average you need to be covering 20,000 miles a year now to make owning a diesel more financially viable than a petrol with higher servicing cost and fuel prices.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club