Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Squeaky clutch pedal on new fiesta.

knighton

Hi has anyone has there new fiesta making a squeaking sound when pressed. Does not do it all the time but annoying all the same.

Hi has anyone has there new fiesta making a squeaking sound when pressed. Does not do it all the time but annoying all the same.

Hi I had this problem with mine (Fiesta Flame / ST mod) and didn't happen when i test drove it but then started to. It is to do with part of the clutch (one of the parts). The part used to be made out of aspestos (i think thats hwo you spell it lol) but for obvious reasons they can't make it with aspestos any more and what they replaced it with gives it better performance but eh only side effect is the squeak. I am not sure if there is any way of instantly stopping it however it does decrease and you may also notice the quicker you lift the clutch the more chance it has of squeaking. So you also get used to lifting your clutch with perfect timing to stop the squeaking but it should decrease.

If there was anything else you were unsure on just let me know and al see if i can help you out!

Hope that was some sort of help

Yes i had this problem really annoying came on about 1500 miles. Jus got a can wd 40 an sprayed the return spring an the roll pin that are attached to the pedal. Jus use a rag to soak the access had to get my head underneath the footwell but it sorted the problem. Only thing is leaves a smell in the car for a few days of wd :)

Sorted out squeak problem. Ford service guy put some special white grease stuff on the top of the spring. They have had a couple of cars in with same problem.

Sorted out squeak problem. Ford service guy put some special white grease stuff on the top of the spring. They have had a couple of cars in with same problem.

We now have this problem, started tonight randomly just as the car hit 2k on the meter!!!!! to say its annoying is an understatement, squeak squeak squeak for an hour each way of our journey tonight was nearly as bad as OH driving!!!!!

Still got the same prob on my mk7 :( quite a funny sqeak

It's cause the spring is hooked onto another part causing slight wear between the parts. When this happens, sometimes it tends to squeek slight. A slight grease of this area solves it! Obvious and easily sorted!

Mines had to be re-greased twice now as the squeak came back. hopefully it won't be back again.

Mines had to be re-greased twice now as the squeak came back. hopefully it won't be back again.

If you can, put a tiny amount of 'graphite grease' on it, that should cure it once and for all, basically it's because the paint on both the spring and the pedal has worn through so your getting metal to metal contact with slight movement between both.

What Diesel Car have a long term fiesta on test. They also had a squeeking pedal and the whole pedal was replaced under waranty.

What Diesel Car have a long term fiesta on test. They also had a squeeking pedal and the wholw padal was replaced under waranty.

Thats sounds better to me, greasing a spring aint exactly a proper permanent repair!

Mine didnt squeak once today when I was driving it - must be my delicate feet lol.

Thats sounds better to me, greasing a spring aint exactly a proper permanent repair!

And neithers replacing the whole thing! it will only wear through again!

And neithers replacing the whole thing! it will only wear through again!

Maybe the original pedals are from a bad batch though? Or maybe they have now modified the design slightly? either way, if the squeak doesnt come back on the new pedal then thats a good result isn't it? Certainly better than having to grease up your clutch every couple of months! lol

Imagine, every 2 months the only thing you can think of when you're in the car is "Its gonna start squeaking any moment now - gonna have to get the old grease out again!"

Maybe the original pedals are from a bad batch though? Or maybe they have now modified the design slightly? either way, if the squeak doesnt come back on the new pedal then thats a good result isn't it? Certainly better than having to grease up your clutch every couple of months! lol

Imagine, every 2 months the only thing you can think of when you're in the car is "Its gonna start squeaking any moment now - gonna have to get the old grease out again!"

read my previous post regarding why the squeek happens, ! it WILL happen again so you can't just expect to get a totally new peddle every few months

Fair play Russ, i do agree with you, but surely if it continues to happen to all fiestas eventually ford will modify the pedal design, or at least issue some sort of memorandum to dealers regarding a permanent fix pro bono

Fair play Russ, i do agree with you, but surely if it continues to happen to all fiestas eventually ford will modify the pedal design, or at least issue some sort of memorandum to dealers regarding a permanent fix pro bono

I think it's the same set up on just about all cars. some i`ve had have been more prone to it than others though. One way around it would be to line the section of the spring that rests against the mating part with a nylon sleeve, but eventually that would wear through and you'd be back to metal to metal contact again causing the squeek. ( mind you it would take years to wear through )

I think it's the same set up on just about all cars. some i`ve had have been more prone to it than others though. One way around it would be to line the section of the spring that rests against the mating part with a nylon sleeve, but eventually that would wear through and you'd be back to metal to metal contact again causing the squeek. ( mind you it would take years to wear through )

I imagine that eventually the two parts making contact would smooth themselves at the point of contact and the squeak would stop, maybe if you just sat in the car (with it off) pumping the clutch for 10 mins if would eventually fade

I imagine that eventually the two parts making contact would smooth themselves at the point of contact and the squeak would stop, maybe if you just sat in the car (with it off) pumping the clutch for 10 mins if would eventually fade

To be honest it's something i hadn't thought of but i had wondered was the squeek caused by the fact that there may be condensation during the night causing the 'worn' parts to have a light covering of corrosion similar to the brake grinding noise u get after a night of rain.

After a few pumps of the brake peddle the rust is ground away and the brakes are quiet again. ( something to considder though )

• 1 year later...

Hi all,

I've had this problem as well, more of a creak than a squeak in my case. It seemed to get worse as the car warmed up, bizarrely. Ford greased the spring on two occasions, each time making no difference to the noise.

They then replaced the clutch master cylinder under warranty a few weeks back and this has completely removed the noise.

If you have a 58 plate (as I do) I'd suggest you have this checked as soon as possible, as they will still have to do it for free at the moment!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club