Do Not Sell My Personal Information

servicing

neilacker

Hi

I am hoping someone can help me out, I have a mondeo 02 plate 2.0ltdci that as done 60.000 miles and is due a service, I am thinking of doing it myself but before I go down that road was wondering how big of a job it is, what parts are needed etc.

Cheers

Neil

I don't see why you couldnt do it your self. As long as you can change and dispose of the oil safely.

Parts that you may need are

oil filter and

pollen filter

and you would need to take the wheels off to check the brakes.

If you go into your local Ford dealer tell them you want parts for a service and you can by them over the counter.

or you can look at the service schedules on the ford ETIS web page.

I don't see why you couldnt do it your self. As long as you can change and dispose of the oil safely.

Parts that you may need are

oil filter and

pollen filter

and you would need to take the wheels off to check the brakes.

If you go into your local Ford dealer tell them you want parts for a service and you can by them over the counter.

or you can look at the service schedules on the ford ETIS web page.

Cheers for the quick reply,

so would I not need to do the cam belt or anything big like that.

Cheers for the quick reply,

so would I not need to do the cam belt or anything big like that.

That's OK. I found you in the new posts section.

I don't think that your Mondeo has a cambelt. I think that it may be Chain driven. the chains can not be changed they stay in till the engine goes bang!

the web address for Etis is

www.etis.ford.com

Then click on Ford service at the top of the page and then enter your model details.

It will give you a check sheet for that service.

That's OK. I found you in the new posts section.

I don't think that your Mondeo has a cambelt. I think that it may be Chain driven. the chains can not be changed they stay in till the engine goes bang!

the web address for Etis is

www.etis.ford.com

Then click on Ford Service at the top of the page and then enter your model details.

It will give you a check sheet for that service.

you can changed the chains mate when they go the engine rattles they do snap but not as much as a cambelt does and plus i wouldnt buy parts from ford becuase they will charge you probz just as much for the parts as the service would cost you i would go to somwhere like gsf or your local parts dealer :). ps ive serived mondeo before and they are a joy to do nice and easy

i would not worry about the chain unless it get a death rattle on it ,should be good for 150000 miles as long as the oil changes are done on time.

Hi

I am hoping someone can help me out, I have a mondeo 02 plate 2.0ltdci that as done 60.000 miles and is due a service, I am thinking of doing it myself but before I go down that road was wondering how big of a job it is, what parts are needed etc.

Cheers

Neil

watch out for removing the oil filter , it can be be a pain trying to get it off , i had to use one of those oil filter wrench claws and a torque wrench set quite high to remove it , i got my oil from ford , 6 ltrs for just under £29.00 and the oil filter for £4.82 which includes a new O ring oil seal , which i though was quite cheap.

you can changed the chains mate when they go the engine rattles they do snap but not as much as a cambelt does and plus i wouldnt buy parts from ford becuase they will charge you probz just as much for the parts as the service would cost you i would go to somwhere like gsf or your local parts dealer :). ps ive serived mondeo before and they are a joy to do nice and easy

What I meant was that the puma diesel engine in the 2002 Mondeo has 2 chain driven cam shafts. the chain on this engine are a non time or mileage serviceable item. You only change them when there is a fault or a engine rebuild.

The earlier Mondeos With the Lynks engine had cambelts that were changed at either 80 or 100k

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club