Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fog Lights, When To Use

Generally you only use fog lights front and back when visibility is realy bad due to fog. It's illegal to drive around with your fog lights on when visibility is fine

Yeah you should see the number of them round here too

I use mine in heavy rain quite often too on the Motorways, the ones near me gather a ton of water and the spray is pretty terrible at the best of times >_>

I use mine in heavy rain quite often too on the Motorways, the ones near me gather a ton of water and the spray is pretty terrible at the best of times >_>

No they just dazzle the guy behind

I don't use the back's, I use the fronts :P

Ahhh, that's OK then, your're obviulsy one of the more considerate drivers

The way I see it, they're not stupidly bright as I replaced the front fog's with CREE's, so it's more just a light marker and the warning you can give people up front the better. I don't really like rear fog light's even in fog, they still glare the bajeezus out of everything.

The fog lights also get used when pratting around on car parks like a 17 year old yobbo as they look good, whilst using the excuse that I'm 'testing the track' out before a charity track event :P

Some cars fog lights act as DRL like my friends skoda Fabia VRS

Hence really the thinking behind the CREE's, they act as an extra marker in the fog, rather than any proper illumination.

• Like 1

hi think if you have rear fogs on in very bad rain and it gets the person behind to drop back this is a good thing OMI.(this comment may stir things up a bit LOL)

• Like 1

I used my fogs in the rain this week because it was so bad. That's the only time I used them. Just wondered when other people used them.

I saw a Mini this morning with what i thought where fogs, but the lights were only covering half the light up... DRL?

The way I see it, they're not stupidly bright as I replaced the front fog's with CREE's, so it's more just a light marker and the warning you can give people up front the better. I don't really like rear fog light's even in fog, they still glare the bajeezus out of everything.

If the fogs of the rear of a car are blinding you then they should not be used, if it is foggy enough then they should not be blinding you.

Rear fogs are far more important than front fogs as you already have headlights.

I've never had fog lights before and I was wondering when I should use them?

Are you for real?

I really think you should retake your driving test, or read the manual.

Cheeky!

Lol, no problem always happy to help

Are you for real?

I really think you should retake your driving test, or read the manual.

Darren please refrain from mocking other members it was a valid question from someone who is unfamiliar with having front fogs and anyone is welcome to use the forum for advice. That is the whole point of the forum.

Also David please refrain from swearing even when you * letters out the forum has a zero tolerence to offensive language.

Kind Regards

Dan

Foc

your fog lights front and rear should only be used in bad fog (pea soup) . i have used the rear fog lights at dusk driving direct into the sun . as you know you are blinded by the sun infront of you and have to look hard to see the silloets of the car in front .but you tend to be able to see brake lights when they come on.. which are the same wattage as the fog lights on your car. so if the sun is blasting in your eyes the driver behind you has the same problem as you but will be able to see the fog lights as a marker.... you you just hope he sees the brake lights as they come on.. but would he see you at all with out the fog lights as markers...but never try this at day or night normal visabilty as the fog light will glair the driver behind and it's possible he will not notice the brake lights come on and rear end you. this is why it's illegal to use them in clear visability....

i hate drivers with front or rear fog lights on when not needed............

Front fogs are only for use in severely reduced visibility.

No official distance is stated, it's down to the drivers discretion.

Rear fogs are required when visibility is below 50 ft.

Other than in the Highway Code which all new drivers should read no reference to the use of fog lights is included in the hazard perception or practical tests.