Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Conflicting Info..

schematikgnu

My car's recently been back to the dealers as when at idle there was a metallicy rattling sound coming from the gearbox area. Very long story short, after a week of telling me there wasn't an issue the car was taken to Ford for a second opinion who advised that the release bearing was worn and needed replacing.

I've since got the car back and the only paperwork i've been given says that they've changed the concentric slave cylinder - £35 and £299 was spent on something else (no idea what, i've asked but not got a response).

Anyway, i've only driven it a few times since i've had it back and i've noticed that the rattling is still there (although very faint which dissapears when clutch pressed) and if you push the clutch in very slowly, as it starts to travel there's suddenly a loud and nasty rattle which stops once the clutch is pressed a bit further. Obviously i dont go round riding the clutch or only pressing it down part way, but is it supposed to do this??

The garage reckon it's entirely normal, Ford and an independant garage have mentioned the DMF.. what do you guys think?

it does sound like the dmf and not a cheap job though ide have thought the dealer would have looked at that anyway as the gearbox was off

does it sound like a penny in a washing machine? if so prepare your clutch to go.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club