Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Getting Iphone Satnav Sounds Through Stereo System

Hangman

Dear all

I cover a fair few miles on business in my Fiesta and have recently started to use the tomtom APP for the iPhone with all of the Live traffic updates and wizardry. What I cannot fathom is how to get the "turn left/right" and sounds that the app generates to either come through the car sound system or, just just play through the iPhone.

I plug the phone in via the USB input to charge it as the cigarette lighter style charger is used for the dash-camera. It's a 62 plate Mark 7 with bluetooth. I use the phone system through sync regularly and can get songs to play through the system, but unfortunately the Sat Nav is causing a few headaches.

Can anyone help me?

Many thanks!

Hangman

I just put mine on aux USB input on the car or bluetooth it play my music then when the tomtom talks it just does it over the music. Just check that it's not muted on the tomtom app

Hey, thanks for your reply. I've double checked and tried again but it just won't take the sound from the sat nav app. Any other ideas?

What I cannot fathom is how to get the "turn left/right" and sounds that the app generates to either come through the car sound system or, just just play through the iPhone.

If there's no sound from the phone either, check the volume & sound settings for the app on the phone. It may be muted or have the volume turned down to minimum.

Thanks for the response, if I don't plug the iPhone into the car with a USB cable it plays the sounds fine, it's only after I plug it in and it says "iPod initialising" it goes quiet. I can still select line-in and get music playing through the device though that doesn't play the sat nav sounds either.

It's a real head scratcher!

Try selecting bluetooth playback, not USB. You can still have the i phone plugged into the USB, but the phones bluetooth must still be turned on & playback from bluetooth must be selected on the car headunit. So as long as your playing music via Bluetooth (not usb) from your phone over the head unit, you should get the phones sat nav 'sounds' as well.

• 11 months later...

I've been trying to get my tomtom voices to play through Fiesta bluetooth radio. I'm using an iPhone 5.

The voice will play through the Speakers if you are playing music from your iPhone as Auxiliary input but it won't over ride your radio as the phone will when making or receiving

or making a phone call. I think this is a shortcomming which tomtom should have mentioned BEFORE selling me the APP.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club