Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Air Con Only On Driver Side - Dual Temperature Control

Mr_Spock

Hi!

A couple of days ago I discovered that air-conditon only works on driver side. When controls set on low, passenger side only blows outside temperature - not air con. Tried everything else - warm, cold, up, down etc - everything works fine.

I have these ventilation controls:

IMG_8942web_zpsdec50423.jpg

Anybode else who experienced this problem? Could it be a servo/motor/damper problem?

Thanks for any help :)

I had similar on the vw and when set to auto as the passenger side is and 19degrees the vw would not put aircon to that side try taking the pass side off auto

Thank you for reply - will try to play more with the controls. The day I noticed the different temperatures - was one of the hottest days this year.

I says in the manual that when the system i set to auto, the system will, when it is specially hot, automatically choose recirk until cooler temperatur is reach - then it will draw air from outside. A very strange solution?? It is usually cooler outside - than inside a car standing in the sun.

Will try your solution if there will be som more sunshine this summer :)

it will recirculate the internal air as its easier to cool cooled air than warm so the interior air will cool quicker if that makes any sense

if you draw air from outside on a hot day the aircon has to work harder to cool that air but if it recirculates the internal air it will cool it quicker putting less work on the aircon and getting the interior temp down a lot quicker then you switch recirc off

it will recirculate the internal air as its easier to cool cooled air than warm so the interior air will cool quicker if that makes any sense

if you draw air from outside on a hot day the aircon has to work harder to cool that air but if it recirculates the internal air it will cool it quicker putting less work on the aircon and getting the interior temp down a lot quicker then you switch recirc off

You are probably right - but when you get in the car, standing in the sun, it is 20-25 degrees Celsius outside - and 30-40 degrees Celsius inside the car. So at first, before the resirc air starts to cool - the air con will not cool so much.

I will try to turn of the "automatic" setting next time I get in the car when it is specially hot.

what i do is get in crack the window open aircon max cold fan on 3 set to recirc after a few minutes window up aircon on cold and 1/2 and off recirc and inside will be really cool whereas if you do it the other way the aircon has to try and cool hot air heat rises cold air sinks so it takes longer find what works best for you

That sounds like a good way to do it :)

Drove the car today - not so sunny - and it blew ice cold from the start.

Just open the doors for a minute, and let the worst heat get out, when it is specially hot, before driving - will help too. That is what I always did with my earliar cars that not had air con.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club