Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2013 1.6 Powershift Mpg??

Traquare

Hi again! Just wondering if anyone on here has a 2013 1.6 Powershift?

And if so, what MPG are you averaging?

Cos mine is absolutely terrible. Averages between 14.4 and 26.2mpg!! About 231 miles to a full £60 tank!!

I've only had it 9 days so I'm a bit gutted!

And before anyone asks, I HAVE to have automatic for medical reasons...

Cheers guys!!

Take it back, thats shocking, you can get 14.4 mpg out of a old v8. there has to be a problem with it.

If you've only had it 9 days you'll need to give it chance to break in properly before you start getting a more accurate mpg against what the manufacturer states but you need to remember aswell you'll never acheive exactly what the manufacturer states asthey test it stringently under perfect conditions

If it doesnt improve over a few weeks then id take it to the dealer

If you've only had it 9 days you'll need to give it chance to break in properly before you start getting a more accurate mpg against what the manufacturer states but you need to remember aswell you'll never acheive exactly what the manufacturer states asthey test it stringently under perfect conditions

Ya know the Trip Computer that say's what MPG you're getting? That changes literally every 1-2 seconds with random readings from 99.9mpg to 76.2 or say 41.6 etc etc. Totally random numbers but keeps changing. Could there be a fault do you think??? Or did yours do anything like that??

I wouldn't go by the trip computer those never give you an accurate reading you're much better off working it out properly. Same with that though the trip computer should settle down ince its been ran in properly I havent got my new car yet but my new van jumped about all over the place when I first got it then it the trip computer settled down. See how you go :)

I wouldn't go by the trip computer those never give you an accurate reading you're much better off working it out properly. Same with that though the trip computer should settle down ince its been ran in properly I havent got my new car yet but my new van jumped about all over the place when I first got it then it the trip computer settled down. See how you go :)

Well I filled it right up to the brim before travelling somewhere that was 73.4 miles away and by the time I got back the petrol light was flashing =/

Take it to the dealer and just get them to give it the once over but they'll probably just say you'll need to break it in before they can guage accurately. Fuel efficiency depends on alot of factors aswel obviously I dont know your driving style so I dont know much you give it etc

Ive only had my st-2 a week and have an average mpg of 32 and get about 400 out of a tank, and im not exactly driving like an eco warrior.

Ive only had my st-2 a week and have an average mpg of 32 and get about 400 out of a tank, and im not exactly driving like an eco warrior.

Yes but yours isn't automatic!!

Have had my 1.6 Titanium automatic for 5 weeks now. Covered just over 600 miles so far, mainly local urban trips, but getting just over 37mpg for these. On the only longer distance journey I have undertaken got stuck in a 60 minute line of stop start traffic so no realistic figure for that.

Excuse me asking but I am guessing that the Ford Powershift auto is a different type to mine which is a 1.4 auto (epicyclic type, sometimes called 'conventional' auto). Is the Powershift one of the 'automated manual' types of box where the box is of manualconstruction but operated automatically ? The reason I ask is that I once had a Vauxhall (wash my mouth out) Astra 'auto' of this latter type which actually gave better mpg than the manual although it was awful to drive.

soo what difference does that make?

Ya know the Trip Computer that say's what MPG you're getting? That changes literally every 1-2 seconds with random readings from 99.9mpg to 76.2 or say 41.6 etc etc. Totally random numbers but keeps changing. Could there be a fault do you think??? Or did yours do anything like that??

You have it on 'live mpg readout' - hence the figure jumping up and down. When coasting or going down hill etc you use very little, if any fuel, so it will say 99.9mpg, as thats the highest figure the 3 digit mpg part of the screen can display.

If you press the button to scroll through your trip computer's display you can take it off 'live' readout if thats distracting you, and maybe leave it on average mpg instead.

True, but the new Powershift should get a fairly decent figure for being an auto once broke in, as its an automated manual with 6 gears, so it doesn't have to work as hard as mine and 'Magenta's' old type 4 speed traditional auto. Plus obviously having more gears the car keep shifting higher: ...higher gear = less revs = better fuel economy

Excuse me asking but I am guessing that the Ford Powershift auto is a different type to mine which is a 1.4 auto (epicyclic type, sometimes called 'conventional' auto). Is the Powershift one of the 'automated manual' types of box where the box is of manualconstruction but operated automatically ? The reason I ask is that I once had a Vauxhall (wash my mouth out) Astra 'auto' of this latter type which actually gave better mpg than the manual although it was awful to drive.

Correct, auto face lift fiestas are equiped with Fords Powershift 'Automated Manual' twin clutch 6 speed gearbox. Giving fast smooth gear changes as the second clutch prepares the next gear you need, it apparently has the benfits of a manual (mpg - in theory lol), but with the ease of a driving like a normal automatic.

Paul :)

• Like 1

It makes a MASSIVE difference!!!! Automatics use a LOT more fuel, as the engine is also operating the clutch & changing the gears as well!!! And to do this, it needs fuel........

I can't believe they allow you to drive if you can't figure that obvious, basic fact out......wow

PAUL - (Couldn't quote you for some reason!) It doesn't just do that on hills, it does it whilst stationary! And it doesn't matter what part of the trip computer I'm on, as soon as I'm moving it comes straight back! =/

Thanks. I hope the Ford Powershift is better to drive than the Vauxhall 'Easytronic' which was terrible.

your looking at the MPG your currently doing thats why it is changing frequently, you need to click the button in again to get to your average :)

It makes a MASSIVE difference!!!! Automatics use a LOT more fuel, as the engine is also operating the clutch & changing the gears as well!!! And to do this, it needs fuel........

I can't believe they allow you to drive if you can't figure that obvious, basic fact out......wow

No need to be quite so snappy, we're all to be friendly here not criticizing people for their comments.

• Like 2

It makes a MASSIVE difference!!!! Automatics use a LOT more fuel, as the engine is also operating the clutch & changing the gears as well!!! And to do this, it needs fuel........ I can't believe they allow you to drive if you can't figure that obvious, basic fact out......wow

To be honest I had no idea automatics used more fuel either. Not having to drive an automatic ive generally never read up about them or ever looked into them at all so I think your comments are abit OTT to be honest. Not everyone drives an automatic lol

• Like 2

...Not "having" to drive an automatic...

Excuse me, some of us drive autos through choice, not because we have to

:p ;)

• Like 1

PAUL - (Couldn't quote you for some reason!) It doesn't just do that on hills, it does it whilst stationary! =/

Without being sat in my car I can't remember exactly but when on live readout when stationary it usually changes to something like 0.3 (gallons per hour?)

Excuse me, some of us drive autos through choice, not because we have to

:p ;)

The WRONG choice, but a choice all the same ;)

• Like 1

lol I knew YOU'D have something to say on the matter, despite being in Holland! :P

• Like 1

That's your opinion!!! I HAVE to have automatic as I cannot use my left leg!!!!!! For goodness sake, I'm SICK to DEATH of having to justify why I drive an automatic car, it's NOBODY else's business!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!