Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2013 1.6 Powershift Mpg??

Traquare

Hi, I have a mondeo titanium x sport 240 bhp with powershift an I get about 26mpg urban and around 37mpg on longer runs and I dont hang around, I think you need to let is settle down for a while. Good luck. Kevin.

• Like 1

Sorry for late reply but I only just saw your message.

I have a 2014 1.6 Powershift Titanium and using it's own MPG calculator I get around 38 or 39 MPG average. I'd like to measure the MPG myself but seem to have a mental block about remembering to make a note of the mileage when I fill up. Even if I do remember one time, I forget the next time.

I don't use my car a great deal, mainly a 35 mile drive to work (and 35 back) two days a week. The journey is on some country roads plus a fast dual carriageway and an industrial estate. The dual carriageway contains a very long and steepish hill so I hit that in both directions.

The car has now done about 1200 miles. The delivery was a long journey of about 450 miles and the MPG average showed about 47 so I can only think the delivery driver must have reset it. Since then it fairly quickly fell to around 35 MPG but with more careful driving or perhaps as more mileage is done, it has gradually increased by about 0.1 or 0.2 a day and is now at about 38.9. As I say this is all with the built in calculator. I would not say I drive especially carefully getting up to about 80 sometimes. On an early journey to work, I sometimes set the cruise control to about 70 to 72. It's a fun car to drive so I do like to pull away a bit quick sometimes.

I'd say you definitely need to get yours checked. Let's hope it does not have a leak! Or perhaps the calculator really is fooling me into thinking it's better than it is.

John.

Sorry for late reply but I only just saw your message.

I have a 2014 1.6 Powershift Titanium and using it's own MPG calculator I get around 38 or 39 MPG average. I'd like to measure the MPG myself but seem to have a mental block about remembering to make a note of the mileage when I fill up. Even if I do remember one time, I forget the next time.

I don't use my car a great deal, mainly a 35 mile drive to work (and 35 back) two days a week. The journey is on some country roads plus a fast dual carriageway and an industrial estate. The dual carriageway contains a very long and steepish hill so I hit that in both directions.

The car has now done about 1200 miles. The delivery was a long journey of about 450 miles and the MPG average showed about 47 so I can only think the delivery driver must have reset it. Since then it fairly quickly fell to around 35 MPG but with more careful driving or perhaps as more mileage is done, it has gradually increased by about 0.1 or 0.2 a day and is now at about 38.9. As I say this is all with the built in calculator. I would not say I drive especially carefully getting up to about 80 sometimes. On an early journey to work, I sometimes set the cruise control to about 70 to 72. It's a fun car to drive so I do like to pull away a bit quick sometimes.

I'd say you definitely need to get yours checked. Let's hope it does not have a leak! Or perhaps the calculator really is fooling me into thinking it's better than it is.

John.

So when you fill your tank up, how many miles does it say you have to 0???

So when you fill your tank up, how many miles does it say you have to 0???

That's a very good question. I'll report back next time I fill up.

It makes a MASSIVE difference!!!! Automatics use a LOT more fuel, as the engine is also operating the clutch & changing the gears as well!!! And to do this, it needs fuel........

I can't believe they allow you to drive if you can't figure that obvious, basic fact out......wow

Yes and Errr No...

My Wife has a 1.4 Auto Titanium Fiesta .. This car is woefull on fuel... It just is.. But nowhere near as bad as you are reporting here...

We have here the Wifes 1.4 Auto.. (She is disabled so cannot drive a manual) This car does 32 MPG

My car is also an Auto.. Jag XF 3.0 S Diesel which does 38 MPG

And a Rav4 T180 2.2 Diesel which does 35MPG.

All figures are averages.. IE a mix of driving..

So its an Automatic problem yes but your MPG is ridiculous ! OK its new but it isnt going to loosen up that much surely ? I have had numerous brand new cars and figures go up slightly. Not hugely..

RAV2013025_zps66c3ee4a.jpg

Yes and Errr No...

My Wife has a 1.4 Auto Titanium Fiesta .. This car is woefull on fuel... It just is.. But nowhere near as bad as you are reporting here...

We have here the Wifes 1.4 Auto.. (She is disabled so cannot drive a manual) This car does 32 MPG

My car is also an Auto.. Jag XF 3.0 S Diesel which does 38 MPG

And a Rav4 T180 2.2 Diesel which does 35MPG.

All figures are averages.. IE a mix of driving..

So its an Automatic problem yes but your MPG is ridiculous ! OK its new but it isnt going to loosen up that much surely ? I have had numerous brand new cars and figures go up slightly. Not hugely..

RAV2013025_zps66c3ee4a.jpg

Ok thanks, think I'm gonna have to take it back to the dealer to get it checked

Cheers

Automatics do not necessarily use more fuel these days. The "automated manual" type such as the 'Easytronic' by GM is actually as frugal if not better than the manual box because it is always in the right gear for the conditions. Having said that, it is/was horrible to drive.

So my new Fiesta 1.6 titanium x arrived Friday. Had a few days playing with it and milage at the moment is 220 miles.

Loving it, drove into wales to give it a run in, the the usual work and back which is 40miles all in, some motorway some regular.

Doesnt appear to be any more thirsty than my Polo 1.4 DSG, but what you`ll have to remember is that its a 1.6 engine..... not a 1.4 like the old Fiestas.

Average MPG at the moment is 40 miles.

It was a 1/4 full on delivery saying 105 miles till empty. With 114 delivery milage.

Dropped £20 into the tank and it said 240miles till empty. Drove approx 90miles since Friday. Needle is sitting at half today, and now says 170 miles till empty

To me so far, its fairing no better or worse than the Polo. But the Fiesta is a better looking car and more fun to drive.

post-45719-0-75088100-1376224562_thumb.jpost-45719-0-98192200-1376224563_thumb.jpost-45719-0-96061200-1376224639_thumb.j

Also added a pic of the gear lever as requested.

post-45719-0-78541300-1376224651_thumb.jpost-45719-0-99869500-1376224797_thumb.j

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I finally filled my car up yesterday (Titanium 1.6 PowerShift) having been away for a while and not used the car a great deal.

When I filled it, it had done 1547 miles and showed miles to empty as 338. This is obviously not a very accurate figure because as I drove the 30 odd miles to work, it gradually increased to 342 miles to empty before gradually falling a bit. When I arrived home after driving about 60 miles it had fallen to showing about 325 miles to empty.

When the car had done roughly 1000 miles it showed an average MPG figure of around 37. This has gradually increased as I've driven the car and is now around 39.5. It seems to increase by about 0.1 MPG in a round trip to work of 60 miles.

I'll have a more accurate figure when I next fill up as I'll calculate the mileage from the petrol used but that is not likely to be for a few weeks for various reasons.

John.

I finally filled my car up yesterday (Titanium 1.6 PowerShift) having been away for a while and not used the car a great deal.

When I filled it, it had done 1547 miles and showed miles to empty as 338. This is obviously not a very accurate figure because as I drove the 30 odd miles to work, it gradually increased to 342 miles to empty before gradually falling a bit. When I arrived home after driving about 60 miles it had fallen to showing about 325 miles to empty.

When the car had done roughly 1000 miles it showed an average MPG figure of around 37. This has gradually increased as I've driven the car and is now around 39.5. It seems to increase by about 0.1 MPG in a round trip to work of 60 miles.

I'll have a more accurate figure when I next fill up as I'll calculate the mileage from the petrol used but that is not likely to be for a few weeks for various reasons.

John.

Thanks so much for that. I've done just under 2000 miles and mine is still saying 210 miles to 0. Had it booked in to Ford dealership, but they said it's perfectly fine... :(

I'm no expert on this and we have to assume these meters are not accurate but that sounds like a vast difference between our cars.

What is your average MPG figure shown as? I guess it must use that figure to calculate the miles to empty figure. Maybe you drive a lot faster than me or accelerate a lot more. My 30 miles to work are made up of about 6 miles of flattish country roads (30 to 60 MPH) + about 24 miles of duel carriageway and motorway with a very long big hill + about 1 mile of urban roads. I do 70 to 85 on the fast roads. I accelerate fairly quickly from junctions etc but I'm not a boy racer. I travel quite early in the morning so get no holdups then and about 5 to 10 mins of holdups on my way home.

The figures you gave to the garage (mentioned elsewhere), are they your own calculated figures at fill up time or always based on the car's MPG figures?

John.

I'm no expert on this and we have to assume these meters are not accurate but that sounds like a vast difference between our cars.

What is your average MPG figure shown as? I guess it must use that figure to calculate the miles to empty figure. Maybe you drive a lot faster than me or accelerate a lot more. My 30 miles to work are made up of about 6 miles of flattish country roads (30 to 60 MPH) + about 24 miles of duel carriageway and motorway with a very long big hill + about 1 mile of urban roads. I do 70 to 85 on the fast roads. I accelerate fairly quickly from junctions etc but I'm not a boy racer. I travel quite early in the morning so get no holdups then and about 5 to 10 mins of holdups on my way home.

The figures you gave to the garage (mentioned elsewhere), are they your own calculated figures at fill up time or always based on the car's MPG figures?

John.

Always what my car say's when I start engine after filling tank right up. My MPG is usually 29.8 ish x

• 1 year later...

I have a 64 plate pre reg powershift and have only done local trips and it shows 33.2 mpg I have done 670 miles in it. I had, :) had it two days and went from Southampton to Luton airport in it and it showed 38 mpg that was through the road works on m3 and then through luton as airport slip roads closed, but they do say give it around a 1000 miles to settle in. Had a problem with brake switch as now and again would stick in park, came out ok if you pressed brake peddle twice,they are putting a new one on , on Thursday as it had to be ordered keep me posted on your mpg and we can compare, Cheers Bob

Bob, is yours a 1.6 or 1.0 litre.? i have a 1litre powershift and decided to stop resetting the computer every fill up to get a real average over a a few months. since resetting it i have done 1800 ish miles which was a quite even split between motorway and town and i am averaging just under 43 mpg which i am quite happy with. The total mileage on my 64 plate car is now 6800.

Hi Collin I have the 1.6 125ps, I would be happy with the mpg you get. How do you like the power shift? I am happy with it,but did frighten myself to death reading all the bad posts on youtube. A lot of owners took them in for a re-flash but from reading a post from 08/13 they seem to have it sorted.

I had a smart car before this so compared to that the gearbox is fantastic. The only issues i have with it is that i find it difficult to drive at say 30 mph as the car doesn't seem to know what gear it wants to be in and changes up and down alot. Drive at 35-40 and it's okay. Also if i am motorway driving with cruise control and speed up to overtake, it gets a bit confused when resetting the speed and the revs go all over the place, so it's best to turn it off when overtaking. I must say that one thing i did take it back to the dealer for was occasionally when coming to a junction and slowing down i would lose power when pulling away again which was dangerous and almost got me wiped out by a bus on one occasion. Ford reset the parameters apparently and it seemed to have sorted that out although it has done it once since but that may have just been me so i'm keeping an eye on it. I've seen reports of juddering etc although this seemed to have been reported on the older 1.6 model focus, but i have had none of that. i do tend to put it in neutral at traffic lights as i was advised that not doing so will eventually wear the clutch or clutches out.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club