Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Goodbye Ford Focus

Fastfordman

It's goodbye to Ford Ownership for me now I have traded in my Mk3 Ford Focus Zetec 1.6(125) Petrol for a 13 Plate delivery mileage Volvo V40 D4 SE, which I pick up on Sunday. Its a 2 litre turbo diesel 177 bhp so a bit faster than my current car!.

Loved my Focus but wanted something quicker and this car was going at a bargain price nearly £6k of new price and it has only done delivery mileage.

New Car

Volvo1_zps9f027922.jpgVolvo2_zps54e15f56.jpg

• Like 1

177 BHP! That should be sweet! Do keep us updated.

• Like 1

Very nice and good luck on ur new adventure!!! New car like new gf looks better and hope she performs better too and hope she's not too high maintance

• Like 2

At least we can take solace in the fact that it is essentially a ford focus underneath :D

Good luck with the new car

• Like 1

The old volvo was a ford now volvos chinese owned im unsure as to where the mechanicals come from strange

• Like 1

better change your username to chinesevolvoman!

• Like 1

I think most of the current range of Volvos are still based on Ford platforms. The V40 even looks a similar shape to the Focus.

Where the Chinese will go with future models is a different matter though....

Hi, I think the increase in torque will be more noticeable than the power coming from the 1.6 petrol which lack any. Can I ask how much you paid for the Volvo and what made you choose that over the Mk3 Focus?

At least we can take solace in the fact that it is essentially a ford focus underneath :D

Good luck with the new car

Yep the chassis is definitely a focus one, everything else is volvo.

Hi, I think the increase in torque will be more noticeable than the power coming from the 1.6 petrol which lack any. Can I ask how much you paid for the Volvo and what made you choose that over the Mk3 Focus?

Was 19k, 3 months old pre reg with 10miles on clock. The cabin quality is much nicer than my focus and the depreciation on focuses put me off buying another focus in a higher spec.

• Like 1

The V40 is a nice car, and something a bit different from the normal BMW 1 series, Audi A3 etc that dominate the premium hatch market. Hope you enjoy your new car :)

• 4 weeks later...

Pictures of new car, been a bit busy to upload them before now. Done 1300 miles in 3 weeks, loving the car it is very refined to drive, economical 46+ mpg but the power is the best bit it is immense. The torque of the engine is great, it just keeps pulling all the time.

e29e9fbf-8b6c-42d6-8f37-86679e407334_zps

8eb586a0-f507-4915-ad90-7dfb422ef97e_zps7e9cd9ed-a076-4cb0-bea6-17a11a711089_zps

• Like 1

nice looking car fella and im sure you will be happy with it