Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Mk2.5 Front Driver Seat Lower Plastic Trim

creationuk

Hi all,

As described in the title the "Front Driver Seat Lower Plastic Trim" on my 59 Plate Focus has come off.

Its the plastic trim towards the front / bottom of the driver seat (its a long plastic trim that sits behind the height adjustment lever). The front end of it has come off i.e part of the plastic clip which holds it in has snapped off and now the trim does not sit flush.

Sorry i cannot be as informative of the issue. Does anyone know how to replace it, or whether or not i can buy a new one? (Or even what it is called!?)

Thanks in advance.

could it be any of the parts shown here?

It's called a valance and is readily available from Ford for about £35ish.

Hi,

Thanks for you reply. The following part: 647K11 looks like the right part, but there are so many variations?

I have just taken a couple of pics to show you the actual part i am referring to, and a picture of the quick fix i have

done so far.

ezecg6.jpg

2eb4ope.jpg

mcd9ba.jpg

The first two pics show the area where the clips has broken off which has made the part loose and the third pic is my botch attempt to resolve the issue, which is push the remaining plastic clip through the thread / hole and then insert a nail through the plastic clip to stop it unclipping and popping back out, spent 6k on this car, but i know if i take it to ford they will charge me an arm and leg

to fix something which seems simple.

any thoughts?

thanks

any ideas on how to replace the valance?

Same has happened mine,

I blame the missus for putting the seat too var forward then catching it with her foot when exiting the vehicle !Removed!

Wouldnt waste youre time ive replaced mine twice and it always breaks at the same point the same as youres got fed up throwing money at poorly designed plastic if it gets bad ill cable tie the thing

Thanks for your replies! On this occasion I can't blame the wife, it's all me lol.

Was it easy to replace and how much did it cost of you don't mind me asking?

If possible, will you give me a few instructions if I decide to replace? I feel even more gutted about it bcos i only brought the car in March this year.

Thanks.

anyone else?

thanks for all your replies so far.

mine have broken off on both side :(

but luckily they stay in but every now and again they pop off at the front.

i dont want to pull it off though to replace encase i brake the new one lol.

Thanks for your reply. Are they easy to replace? Anyone have step by step instructions perhaps?

Cheers.

• 4 years later...

yes I'd like to know this too. My C-Max is only 2013 so I'm a bit p'd off about it. Seems like a known issue that they should replace for free and upgrade design. Last car was approx 20yr old  nissan primera- no problems like this!

• 6 years later...

There's many people asking about the Focus drivers seat valance, how to remove and replace, but no answers on how to do it.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club