Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Street Ka's Life Span

JackyH

Hi,

I've had my Street Ka for 10 years now, from new, and love it. Various things have gone wrong over time, all fixable, but now the garage has warned me that I must expect more frequent problems and should start considering replacing the Street Ka. Have any of you had your Street Ka for as long and do you see 10 years as being 'end of life' for them?

By any chance does this garage sell new cars?

• Like 1

As time goes on, things will eventually go wrong with your car, these things may become expensive, and, year after year your car is worth less and less, and there becomes a point when it is more economic to buy a newer car than keep fixing your old car

BUT - if you like the car and want to keep it you could just keep repairing it and some day it may become a valuable classic :lol:

My car is 11 years olld now - its worth about 2p to someone slse, as far as i am aware, it is the most heavily modified of its kind, i have already spent a lot of time/ effort/ money on it, and plan to spend much more - if and when the engine falls out of it, i plan to get a "donor" car (another car of the same make/ model to strip the parts from) - that way i could still keep the car running for years and probably make a profit selling the surplus parts

I don't care what everyone else says/ does - im keeping my car

• Like 2

Thank you for the comments. Of course the garage sells new cars, they sold me this one and they are straight with me as far as I can tell.......

The StreetKa is a fun, girly car and there isn't anything around that's similar. I can see that the day has to dawn when it becomes sentiment versus cost, just hoped others might say that there's lots of life left in a ten year old.

Thank you for the comments. Of course the garage sells new cars, they sold me this one and they are straight with me as far as I can tell.......

The StreetKa is a fun, girly car and there isn't anything around that's similar. I can see that the day has to dawn when it becomes sentiment versus cost, just hoped others might say that there's lots of life left in a ten year old.

Could of been a repair only garage you didnt say, but as far as them been straight with you I very much doubt its for your benefit, the best thing to do is make yourself a list of how much the car has cost you over the last year and parts that have failed.

If it comes back as service items thats normal costs that any car would cost you, so car is not costing anymore to run than a newer/new car.

On a car been 10 year old I dont see this as a problem, but you have to take in consideration millage, area in country it located in and how well its looked after, so if it has 200000 miles gets serviced once every 25000 miles and spends its time lugging hay-bails along what would be best described as a pot holed farm track at 50 mph I would say its at end of life. You know how you have looked after your car in its maintenance and your driving technique add to that what extra the car is costing you above you normal servicing and you will get your answer.

Ps. my Son in law is a Principle Manager for a large main dealership and there are all Salesmen, they have a living to make too and in this financial climate we are in, it makes selling cars harder.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club