Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Fiesta Chips On Windscreen

pinkpanther33

Hi all,

Only had the Ford Fiesta Zetec for one year and do love the car, however I have had 3 chips on my windscreen so far in the last year. I recently had my heated windscreen replaced in May, and then today I got another big chip on my windscreen. It is really frustrating and costing me a fortune. I don't really drive very close to other cars or lorrys and I never go beyond 80mph on the motorway, so I feel really hard done to. This has never happened before on other cars I have owned. Is this a common problem on ford fiesta's? Or are the roads just generally getting worse?

My question is, does anyone have any idea how I can prevent this from happening so frequently?

Thanks

Cheryl

Hi all,

Only had the Ford Fiesta Zetec for one year and do love the car, however I have had 3 chips on my windscreen so far in the last year. I recently had my heated windscreen replaced in May, and then today I got another big chip on my windscreen. It is really frustrating and costing me a fortune. I don't really drive very close to other cars or lorrys and I never go beyond 80mph on the motorway, so I feel really hard done to. This has never happened before on other cars I have owned. Is this a common problem on ford fiesta's? Or are the roads just generally getting worse?

My question is, does anyone have any idea how I can prevent this from happening so frequently?

Thanks

Cheryl

Firstly Welcome :) , on the chip front for your screen to get this amount of chips, firstly there has to be gravel etc on the roads where you live, so apart from not driving it looks like you will have to allow more space between yourself and the vehicle you are following.

Ps the chip bit should be in general chat not in introductions

Thanks for replying George. I'm new to the forums, so not sure where to post anything yet. I will try and keep my distance from other cars a bit more, but this is especially difficult as I do a lot of motorway driving, and this is where I get the chips!

Found these, dont know of them so home work would be needed, Also dont know how the first would protect from stones like.

Hope it helps

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bulletproof-windscreen-protectant-repellent-coating/dp/B003E82VC0

http://www.autofxpaintprotection.co.uk/windscreen-protection/

Some really good ideas there - thanks George. I'll do a bit of research and let you know if any of these work.

:( I had two new screens in two months

its all the crap on the roads the one,s we all pay tax for

You do wonder what we pay our taxes for! - They really need to sort the roads out - especially motorways. I'm not surprised that insurance costs have inflated so much over the past couple of years! What's really frustrating is that the taxpayer always suffers the most! (as always!)

Road tax doesnt go into road maintenance, it was just something else the government could tax us on, :(

Its the Chevron ares on slip-roads and hard shoulders that are covered in debris and gravel, then trucks and lunatics cutting across the Chevrons spread it onto highway.

Welcome to the club Cheryl sorry to here about your problems although I cant say ive heard of anyone else having that particular problem as much as you're having it as stated the only way to realy avoid it is to drop off abit more from the car in front and even then theres still no guarantee unfortunately :/ the roads are only getting worse. Untill the government realise that filling in potholes instead of properly resurfacing areas of road that are starting to get potholed then its not going to get any better. Its actually a joke when you think about how much tax drivers pay not just through road tax but fuel tax, tax on insurance and then theres tax/vat on parts and mots/repairs etc yet so little of it actually gets put back into the infrastructure. Britains roads are outdated surely in this day and age someone can come up with a composite much more durable than tarmac

Daughter had her windscreen replaced yesterday, and today I found a chip in mine, as we're both with the same insurance company it'll be the same windscreen company coming out to me on Monday, probably the same tech as well.

Such are the joys of motoring

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club