Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Alloy Wheel Colour Change?

TommW28

I was wondering whether or not you can change the colour of the alloys when your car is purchased under finance? would they charge you to restore it back to its original state when you return it?

If you plan on handing it back... I'd probably stay away - or just get them plasti dipped that way you can peel it off (like vinyl wrapping) after you're done and handing it back.

If your on finance its worth just saving your money and invest in some alloys that you like then just swap them over onto every car you have on finance, that way the stock alloys stay pristine so ford cant charge you for them and you could always sell the alloys if one day for release a car with alloys you actually like!! B)

• Like 1

yeah i've been looking for ages but decent alloys are expensive so was just looking at a cheap alternative, but guess i will have to start saving :(

Just get them done the way you want, it's your car.

Only for two years then its fords problem again ;-)

Are you on a ford PCP? OFFICIALLY you are not allowed to make any modifications to the car without Ford's written approval....according to the agreement/contract...but as long as whatever you do can be put back right before you trade it in...why not! Just insure it properly, you don't want to have an accident then have a car that you cant afford to fix and lease agreement that you cant pay!!

Pcp official writing is only if you are planning to hand the car back otherwise like me I pcp my vehicles and have never end had issues as. I always part exchange because I always have nice high equity in the vehicle by the time the contract is up :)

Pcp official writing is only if you are planning to hand the car back otherwise like me I pcp my vehicles and have never end had issues as. I always part exchange because I always have nice high equity in the vehicle by the time the contract is up :)

But do you hand it back with all the mods removed? have you ever had to take a pcp vehicle back in to ford for whatever reason? could the put up a fuss at that point? refuse to fix it etc as you have modified it?

I never hand the vehicle back as I trade it in and which ever dealer I use pay off the amount owed and what ever equity is left in the vehicle goes down as another deposit :)

Nope never remove the mods

And plus its a warranty issue not a finance issue :)

yeh fair enough, my bad i didnt mean hand it back i meant trade it in. I'm a serial pcp-er too!! the st2 will be my 6th pcp fiesta. Im alway worried if I have a problem and I take it in with new alloys, roof wrap, mirrors, cat-back etc etc they will have a go!! :unsure:

They can only have a go if you hand the keys back at the end!

Apart from that happy modding :) and make sure you tell the insurers as I've made that mistake before and it didn't go down well :/

Actually this time I was pleasantly surprise, called up my insurer for a quote on the st-2 and only a small premium increase as my policy is due for renewal at the end of october. When I then asked them how much would it change for vinyl stripes, window vinyl stickers and new alloys they said...£0!!! :) it will of course increase if I choose to do the catback, remap and airfilter (as tempting as it would be to not declare the remap) but hopefully I can afford that premium. They insurer did not know what fly eyes were though....tried to sell it to them as a "protective film" and the best they could find on they're mod list was a clear film...dunno what to do about that one if I decide to tint the lights...

As long as you have told them if they get it wrong won't that be their problem?

Yeah well badges , stickers, wind deflectors have cost me nothing on insurance, but I can't get the mountune until they release the insurance code for it as my insurance seems to think its an illegal modification haha so ill just have to sit tight

oh yeh forgot I would have to tell them about the wind deflector and gel overlay badges too!! Good job I found saynoto0870.com as my insurer has a premium number!! :angry: so always find a freephone one on that site, then I just leave the phone on loundspeaker while on hold and watch the tv!! :P

As long as you have told them if they get it wrong won't that be their problem?

Yeh that thought crossed my mind but if they cant find it I guess that means they wont insure it. I don't wanna have a accident and have a £22k car that's not insured because of some cheap fly eyes film on the lights..... :mellow:

Yeh understand that after all they are thieving so and so's.

Have to say though my son 's previous car a Saxo VTS had so many mods you couldn't count them, none of which were declared, when he was hit by someone they wrote it off without any questions. He even took his exhaust and some other bits off it before it was crushed and they never queried it.

Yeh understand that after all they are thieving so and so's.

Have to say though my son 's previous car a Saxo VTS had so many mods you couldn't count them, none of which were declared, when he was hit by someone they wrote it off without any questions. He even took his exhaust and some other bits off it before it was crushed and they never queried it.

not to hijack the thread but I notice you have a K&N Air Filter, I was just wondering which one you have? 57i? link? I just ask because on my fiesta zs I had and j1 automotic induction kit and it sounded great but was quite pricey which is why I sold it to get some money back. However J1 dont make an induction kit for the new fiesta ST as the hose which goes to the airbox is in a different position so Im hoping I can just take the stock box out and but a K&N cone on the end of the hose. How do you secure it down to stop it bouncing around?

I only got the actual filter straight replacement for the stock one didn't go down the cone route. Got mine from Mountune along with their silicon hose, just in case I ever have enough money to get a full Mountune upgrade will save me a few quid.

22K...???

It's a fiesta st max 17.5k LOL

Hi guys,

Looking for some advice from whoever can give me some lol.

I recently noticed you cant make modifications to your car under finance.. Now this is my first new car on finance its the 2013 zetec ecoboost and I've already changed chrome grill + foglight surrounds etc to the honeycomb grills (zetec s) all genuine ford parts might i add!! And I've recently had a vinyl roof rap too.

My question is if i took the car in for its 1st year service would they have a go at me? Or would i lose the car?

Awful worried after reading the small print :/

Any help?

Cheers

Marc

No & no.......

Just make sure when you hand it back you might have to lose the wrap....

No & no.......

Just make sure when you hand it back you might have to lose the wrap....

Cheers gary!

So theres no problem there?? Ive been stressed out over it! Does the problem only occur with say an engine mod?

Cheers

Marc

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club