Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Zetec Mod Questions

mongman

Awesome! Still need to check if mine is the round type or the flat panel.

• Like 1

I've been hit by the dreaded "bonnet lock problem" managed to get into the bonnet and removed the lock and lead, tried to get them to snap back in but just cant seemt o get it right, and tips or ideas?

Is there a replacement kit one can buy? Hopefully one that is not the same type of system if you know what I am on about?

From looking at the Mondeo latch mk3

Its a pull latch type and looks to be of similar design to the focus,

I had planned to purchase a mk3 latch and have a go but never happened,

Could fit a pull latch under the car to pop the bonnet without the lock and without running a pull cord in to the car,

So unusual it would be,

No one would expect it to operate that way so you would be safe in terms of theft.

Awesome! Still need to check if mine is the round type or the flat panel.

If it is the round type filter,

Then for a few extra pounds you could new get the massive K&N57s which has dropped by over a staggering 100GBP in the past three months.

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/271238138352?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

• Like 1

From looking at the Mondeo latch mk3

Its a pull latch type and looks to be of similar design to the focus,

I had planned to purchase a mk3 latch and have a go but never happened,

Could fit a pull latch under the car to pop the bonnet without the lock and without running a pull cord in to the car,

So unusual it would be,

No one would expect it to operate that way so you would be safe in terms of theft.

If it is the round type filter,

Then for a few extra pounds you could new get the massive K&N57s which has dropped by over a staggering 100GBP in the past three months.

The bonnet lock was a !Removed! to fix, but I got it sorted in the end. Who says brute force doesnt help a bad situation?!?!

I'll have a look tonight regarding the filter.

My new foot pedals arrived this morning, so I am going to fit them tonight too. Anybody know how as i did not get any instructions?

photo_zps1af0d237.jpg

I rate they will looks pretty flash along with the bright white bulbs I have in the footwells.

• Like 2

Just re-reading your thread, looking good, especially the DRL's, do you have a link to what you purchased.

As for the pedals, the clutch and brake, you remove the existing covers, and put the new ones on. The gas, you slide it over the existing pedal. Thats how I did mine.

:)

• Like 1

Thanks dude! The DRL's I got from another dude on another forum, but you get em off eBay or even aliexpress.com.

The foot pedal replacement sounds easy enough, thanks for that.

Another thing I am considering doing is replacing the bonnet trim/lip. It's currently chrome, want to change it to black.

• Like 1

Thanks dude! The DRL's I got from another dude on another forum, but you get em off ebay or even aliexpress.com.

The foot pedal replacement sounds easy enough, thanks for that.

Another thing I am considering doing is replacing the bonnet trim/lip. It's currently chrome, want to change it to black.

Yeah you could do that, I'd photoshop a picture of your car first see how it might look, see if u like it.

I kinda like the chrome tbh on dark cars, its subtle enough not to be too chavvy, but nice at the same time.

:)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club