Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rear Wiper Hole On Boot

AdamC11

Hi Guys,

Just a question.

If you were to remove the rear wiper what is the best size of blanking grommet to use to cover up the hole?

Thank you

Adam

• Like 1

Hi Guys,

Just a question.

If you were to remove the rear wiper what is the best size of blanking grommet to use to cover up the hole?

Thank you

Adam

Hi Adam,

I reckon this one would do the job nicely, can't be unplugged from outside neither,

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Focus-ST-RS-Fiesta-Zetec-S-Cheap-Mod-Clean-De-Wiper-Grommet-Bung-Mk5-Mk7-/231011831105?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item35c960cd41

Hi Lenny,

Thank you for your response.

Will that be the perfect fit?

Because I know that the rear wiper is hole is a bit of a odd shape?

Cheers

Hi Lenny,

Thank you for your response.

Will that be the perfect fit?

Because I know that the rear wiper is hole is a bit of a odd shape?

Cheers

Hi Adam,

No problem,

I've recently been looking at doing this to my focus too,

And I've researched the grommets, the one I've linked seems best,

It seals from water on the edge of the circle and screws down tight,

So from my understanding it doesn't matter what size or shape the hole is, as long as the grommet covers it entirely,

It will seal.

Lenny did you find the glass ones you can put? they fit flush too the glass... i think they look better. I saw them somewhere but cant remember where. similar too this: http://www.dubmonkeyz.co.uk/glass-rear-wiper-blank-grommet-1579-p.asp

i cant advise on the size though

• Like 1

Lenny did you find the glass ones you can put? they fit flush too the glass... i think they look better. I saw them somewhere but cant remember where. similar too this: http://www.dubmonkeyz.co.uk/glass-rear-wiper-blank-grommet-1579-p.asp

i cant advise on the size though

Thanks Nicolas,

I didn't see them mate no.

They look very good, if you can find the link in your browser history please do share.

oh it was like One or two years ago that i looked at them and never really had the funds to mod the old car but thought these were much better looking than the plastic ones, plus the plastic ones stick out. But... I also remember reading that the plastic ones were better at making a seal cause they overlapped the glass hole.

I think that if he decides to dewiper he should look into how the glass ones go on and if they are water tight =)

• Like 1