Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Remote Key Receiver Frequence Issue

SkinnyB

Alright folks, right i have been having a nightmare with my key fob. The problem started a good 12 months ago. At first the key fob just stopped working but when i changed the battery it started working fine again, although i had to change the battery every 4-6 weeks :blink:

Then it stopped working one day changed the battery and nothing, reprogrammed the key fob (turning key in ignition from position II to position I 4 times and then the beep etc) that seemed to sort the issue out but only for a few weeks then the key fob started working whenever it felt like it once an hour, once a day, once a week.

I done the GEM test and i get a beep and the indicator lights flash with everything except for the key fob and when i open the front doors :angry:

Right now i think i have identified the problem, i read somewhere that if you change some options in the Gem module it disables the option of using your key fob (i have played around with the options a lot)and this can only be turned re-enabled is through Ford IDS. i have a modified ELM327 cable and when i go on to the GEM MODULE under Information on remote key receiver frequence there should be some numbers in there like this post-37256-0-15610300-1375694318_thumb.j

When i do this on my car this is what i get post-37256-0-25935000-1375694414_thumb.j

Is this likely to be where the problem is and if it is how do i go about getting it sorted?

Many Thanks!!

What version ELM COnfig are you using? there are a few more english releases out that you may wish to try.

Sounds to me like the car has lost the coding of the receiver, so you need to repair the fob to the car as a goot starting point...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club