Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My Car Is Dieing I Think Plz Advice Me !!

Lyndsay

Plz help if u can

My car starting holding back with power, then stopped to swop drivers then wouldn't start, breakdown came out and towed to garage. Garage has had it since Saturday, mechanic said showing faults with exhaust value so that's been replaced and £367.00 later he took out for a test drive of 22 miles no problem until he stopped at garage now won't start again he connected it to diagnostics again and has came up (1) throttle value sensor, (2) coolant temperature sensor, (3) fuel temperature sensor (4) camshaft sensor (5) crankshaft sensor (5) charged air sensor (6) boost pressure sensor (7) rail pressure sensor

He is now saying he needs 8 hours labour to check wiring, maybe sending CPU away for testing and to changing to new CPU as he THINKS its faulty plz help me if u can

Exhaust valve !

ask him again whats he has replaced and also , he has now replaced something that was not at fault , so should you be paying for that ?

Tell him to take it off and refund you , then get it towed to a Dealer. He sounds like he has no idea and is keen on throwing your money away at guess work.

He told me yesterday he connected to diagnostics and it came up with (1) turbo under boost, (2) mass airflow sensor lower than expected and (3) egr malfunction exhaust valve I have asked him about it today and he said before he went out nothing was on diagnostics then after he took it for 22 mile test drive and with it cutting out and not starting he put it back on diagnostics it came up with that. And questioned him about exhaust value and said now its on and he's had it from ford I have got to pay him for the work done but I'm a little angry and feel ripped off. As still without car

U got any ideas what's happening with my car as he's only on about £1300 + vat and that's not including what I owe him now

Hmmmm , if he has replace ERG valve that seems a little steep , Citizens Advice will point you into the right direction , as i'm not certain on full circumstances , but do feel free to tell the garage that you are going there.

Also find out exactly what he has replaced and the price of the part and labour charges.

if you can't get your Money back , then please remove the car to somewhere, you can trust. This garage does not appear to have any idea and could easily waste loads more of your money.

• Like 1

Have u got any idea what's going on with my car is it a CPU malfunction or something else

He has put it on diagnostics £65.00 then replaced egr valve and total is £367.00

Now saying he needs 8 hours to check wiring on all sensors at £45.00 an hour,

£100 to disconnect CPU to send away for testing which is priced separate for sending away ish figure of £60 +vat

And or new CPU between £600 - £800 and all that is excluding vat

Has anyone got any idea what's going on with my car

And also can u get a second hand CPU reprogrammed for my car or has it gotta b a new CPU

I'm afraid i don't know what could be causing the problem with your ECU (CPU) .

He made a wrong call in changing a part which has not fixed the car , so it's worth asking citizens Advice/Trading Standards where you stand , again i would pull your car away from the garage , he is just making a guess at the fault being the ECU , and seems eager to empty your bank balance. You need a second opinion , don't let him do any more work to your car.

Some of the other guys on here have much better knowledge about these type of problems , hopefully they will read this and give you some more advice.

Thank u for your advice and hopefully someone may know what's going but thanks anyway

As a guide , i had a car sent to a diesel garage once via a local gagrage that i sent it too ,after i sent it in for a bad knocking sound , they replaced the Diesel injecters , and wanted over £800 , i said take them off i did not ask you to replace anything. They first of all said i had to pay. I said no chance take them off , in the end they left them on and waivered the cost , when i said i would seek advice from trading Standards

simplest answer is take it to a dealer or you will end up paying a fortune the fault codes dont necessarily point to one specific thing they can point to something related to the item the fault code mentions ford would have checked it on live data telling them if those parts are working or not you wont get an answer as to whats wrong on here as we dont have fords live data to see whats wrong thats where you need to go most independants dont have a clue i save money by going to a ford dealer as they see this every day on fords

Sounds like a wiring issue, a loom has disconnected or being shorted is my first guess...

There are plenty of independents and scanners out there capable of reading live data, what there is a lack of, is tech's capable of interpreting that data...including main dealers.

From information given, I would guess at a supply problem...which could mean anything from a sensor to pcm or wiring/connections.

This could be very tricky to find and to be honest, the route he wants to take is probably the correct one, though I think the charges and hours quoted are quite steep...as for changing the egr...i see nothing wrong in asking for your old one being put back if it has made no difference, down to him for mis diagnosing especially if it was condemned purely because computer fault code said so...but anyone that thinks main dealers not doing exactly the same..well I've come across a number of owners that have spent fortunes on unnecessary parts and still not gst the actual fault rectified....

I have now bought my car to ford garage, away from original garage but he wouldnt release my keys until I paid the bill, was told couldn't have old egr back he sent it back to ford as there is a surcharge if he doesn't. When I picked it up I did drive it to new garage at less than 20mph but got there eventually still with original fault, missing and juddering like its very low on fuel or something. Just waiting for ford to let me know the bad news tomorrow. If its to much going to sell to scrap yard as it won't be worth fixing at this rate, if I do get rid anyone know of any good scrappys that will give me a good price .

You should wait and see what Ford have to say before even thinking of scrapping it.

Also ask them if thats the usual case for a garage to have to send Egr back as part ex, and of course ask them if indeed the erg valve has even been replaced , sounds very fishy to me , a decent garage would at least tried to clean the egr valve before replacing it.

you should speak to trading standards , i would not be happy with the response from the garage.

• Like 1

agree with preee, you have a good case to argue.

as a trader myself, i've only changed a few egr's but havent yet come across one i needed to exchange..thats not to say he is pulling the wool [never changed a ford one] this maybe genuine...but the point is, it was unecessary in the first place, as problem still exists without any improvement, then he has mis diagnosed.

if there was any doubt about the egr being at fault, then at the very least he should have explained the problem and got permission to try a new one with the understanding that to do so is a commitment without guarantee..by the sound of it he has totally mis diagnosed and should shoulder the cost of that.

any chance of letting us know what focus this is [engine size, diesel or petrol}

Ah, the Temperature sensor... I had a Polo and the sensor went on that, I tried starting the car and it just over choked the engine and wouldn't run properly at all. If thats your problem it wont be a bad price but the labour would, since it was a simple car we replaced it for £30 and did it ourselves.

any chance of letting us know what focus this is [engine size, diesel or petrol}

I knew someone would ask eventually!

Could I ask what area of the country this is?? Not asking name of garage. Just area. :)

I knew someone would ask eventually!

:)

taking it for granted its a diesel as petrol doesnt have egr or turbo as far as i know..

but then again, a diesel doesnt have a cam sensor or fuel pressure sensor [think the only diesel model in 2000 was a 1.8tddi)

so a bit confusing

if it is diesel, then its even more a case to argue as egr is mechanical and can simply be blanked off if only to eliminate as a problem.

chances are..if its a diesel, its something simple like injectors or pump, crank sensor, vss or accelerator pedal sensor

I would say +1 on Preee's comment, I have never heard of anything like that, sounds like a copout to me!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club