Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Mk2.5 Washer Motor Dead!

Focus-Jonny

Went to use my washers today and nothing! No noise even from the motor itself. Checked the 15amp fuse 136 in the footwell fuse box its fine swapped it with fuse 131 (rear window wiper) and its still functioning! Duff motor me thinks! Which is a pain only had the car just over 3 months and the warranty ran out 2 weeks ago!! Anything else i should check?

• Like 1

Thanks to jeebo's sig link, I found this out:

http://www.lawgistics.co.uk/used-car-warranties/motor-trade-warranty-guarantee-service-contract/warranties-the-legal-requirements-when-selling-second-hand-cars

Means you might be able to take it back to the place you bought it as it is less than 6 months and get them to repair it :)

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply alex! The washers worked when i bought the car they stopped working last week! The garage i bought from is well known and the leading ford dealership here in NI so im sure they will have paperwork ensuring the car was roadworthy when it was sold, i would only get my face reddened if i went down that route!

I will fix my self it will save me money in the long run as its a simple job, my car is going up to the dealership this week as they are fixing the aircon for me outside of warranty as a good will its currently not blowing any colder than the standard fan! But i will mention it to them!

Anyone here have a ford parts catalogue with price and part number for the twin outlet washer pump?

• Like 1

Cheers stoney! Thanks for your help

• Like 1

What you guys reckon a bargain?

http://www.fordpartsuk.com/shop/ford_focus_windscreen_washer_motor_and_pump_2004-2008_f_1355124_c_401.htm

I will get the multimeter out and check the plug going into the pump before ordering just to make sure the switch isnt goosed!

Update:

Bought washer pump from ford dealer £52, removed the wheel arch linning and old pump, tested the wires no voltage going down to the plug when i push the stock button for front wash and pull the stock for rear washer! Continuity is fine. Mated the new pump to confirm this, nothing dead as a door nail :-S

Now i have a brand new pump for £52 which dealer wont take back because its an electrical item!

What else could it be? I dont think it could be the stalk as its two seperate motions to activate the washer. I checked fuse 136 (passanger footwell) and its fine.

To top it off my warranty ran out on 25/07/2013

Any advice??

Thanks in advance

Hi Dan thanks for your knowledge much appreciated!

I can confirm the following

front washer button press = 3 wiper sweeps followed by longer pause then a final sweep

rear washer lever pull = rear wiper sweep

all other functions on the stalk are working perfectly!

do reckon replacement of the stock is the next step to take?

cheers again mate.

Hi mate just an update when the stalk is pulled back for rear wash! The wiper sweeps continually! If i pull it back and let go again it will sweep 3 times and stop

Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...

Well i had ford check the car out to find the fault with the washer jets whilst it was in getting the aircon serviced free of charge. Well got very bad news which has left me very annoyed! Turns out contacts on my GEM module have became corroded and are no longer processing the signal for the washer motor! I was quoted £350 at least for the part and with fitting the cost will be around £450-500! :-(

Im annoyed that:

A. I was 2 or 3 weeks out of warranty when it happened!

B. the car is 2010 how could this happen in such little time? Ie should i complain to ford directly?

Whats peoples opinions? Fork out or complain?

Trade up from a bullet proof and reliable mk1 to be hit with this!

• 2 weeks later...

*Update*

The nice people at Lindsay ford coleraine have agreed to replace my GEM module free of charge as a goodwill! Ford customer relations couldnt of been more helpful!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club