Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My Cheap Focus Rebuild

georgen

Ill move this thread over to here, I bought this Focus off eBay, its 55 plate 1.6 petrol lx with 95k on the clock. Its a Repo and the lad must of being miffed as the front has a prang and the rear arch is creased, on top of that it looks like he emptied a industrial bin inside LOL.

Well car cost me £745

09/08/2013

Well I have picked it up, some things that miffed me a bit other bits a bit happier. I list the bits I need first for deffo:

new front bumper,

Front crash bar

Bits that will survive:

Headlight, will 2500 wet and dry then machine polish back up,

Front wing will survive too, will end up with little crease at front but will get a mate with a body shop to sort that later.

Front panel looks like its going to be ok, its pushed back a bit at the point its mounted, the plates have pushed back.

Radiator and air con radiator completely untouched,

Air pick up for air box will re-attach,

Iffy bits

Foam soft bit.

The engine under-tray is not there so not loosing any sleep over that, the bits I am a bit miffed over is a nice crease in passenger rear arch and touch on door, I wont be doing anything with this at moment but will get done at same time as other bits of bodywork. also the key I have is not the remote key so if someone can tell me best way around this as in getting a remote key setup for it. then there's the petty bits, the glove box handle pulled off and gear gaiter damaged and car is a !Removed! hole inside, we have emptied everything out but its full off gravel as-well, the surprise of the day was the tax disk which covers this month.

008_zps4ec06d2a.jpg

007_zpsa83734e5.jpg

006_zpsce6ee089.jpg

005_zps219a7374.jpg

004_zpsb60d1a16.jpg

003_zps3e4c6fac.jpg

002_zps0dfc4c5a.jpg

001_zps6acb8f83.jpg

009_zpsce37ee8a.jpg

010_zpsde89e1de.jpg

011_zps32a3cf19.jpg

014_zps9969f5eb.jpg

013_zps115ec4ee.jpg

012_zpscb9ad542.jpg

11/08/2013

Well, had a bit of a fuzzy head this morning so after I took the dog for a walk, I decided to go down the in-laws and do 1.5 hours on the focus, strip everything off thats bust apart from crash bar, i will wait till new one is here before removing, also realigned wing so line up with bonnet now, well a good start point bound to need tweaking when parts go on, and pass door now opens, also fixed my glovebox :D

013_zps2cabca1c.jpg

012_zps6bbe8c85.jpg

011_zps99047073.jpg

010_zps04ea535f.jpg

009_zps782d93a0.jpg

008_zpse7ff26a5.jpg

007_zpsa8882f73.jpg

006_zps0812cb09.jpg

005_zps32886d8f.jpg

004_zps1cd795c6.jpg

003_zps03f54612.jpg

002_zpsdecc4a68.jpg

001_zps118e551c.jpg

11/08/2013

Well my hangover has gone so went down for the scuffed headlight to polish, took 5 minutes with the machine polisher with G3 cutting compound and then poorboys SSR2.5 antiswirl, its hard to see but first 2 pics are before and last two after.

014_zpsbd45b981.jpg

015_zpsefd68dc5.jpg

016_zps4a548467.jpg

017_zps110d2e57.jpg

Parts are ordered so hopefully get them this week and get Mot done too.

Costs so far are:

Car £745

Parts so far £111.99 (bumper, crash-bar and bumper drivers side mounting plastic)

so total £856.99

We will update this as we go along :)

• Like 2

Costs so far are:

Car £745

Parts so far £111.99 (bumper, crash-bar and bumper drivers side mounting plastic)

so total £856.99

We will update this as we go along :)

Absolute bargain mate,

IMG_20130811_211855_zps1dcfed46.jpg

• Like 1

A fair bit to do but a total bargain.

When done up you'll have a cracker on your hands.

• Like 2

Well a little update and sods law some bad news.

Well the drivers side mounting plastic and the crash bar has arrived, But I received a message last night saying the courier had returned the bumper to the sender damaged so i cant have it and i have being refunded my bargain £45 delivered bumper.

So I had to buy the better but more expensive £150 delivered bumper instead and that will hopefully be with me Thursday or Friday so might push me into next week for MOT.

So what has this done to the costs:

Car £745

Parts so far £216.99

Total now £ 961.99 :(

On the plus side its still a cheap car and its only money :wacko:

• Like 1

Well a little update and sods law some bad news.

Well the drivers side mounting plastic and the crash bar has arrived, But I received a message last night saying the courier had returned the bumper to the sender damaged so i cant have it and i have being refunded my bargain £45 delivered bumper.

So I had to buy the better but more expensive £150 delivered bumper instead and that will hopefully be with me Thursday or Friday so might push me into next week for MOT.

So what has this done to the costs:

Car £745

Parts so far £216.99

Total now £ 961.99 :(

New mirror glass £8.99

New Total £970.98

• Like 1

Yes you got a bargain and you will soon im sure having it looking in tip top shape

• Like 2

Done a bit more today as I fitted the parts that came, missed bumper today tho so that's coming back tomorrow. when I was replacing the harness onto the front crash bar I relised that the wiring that was taped back on itself is the front fog wires, so i dropped these down into place so if I want to add them at a later date I can. I also refitted the bottom air pickup of the airbox as it was dislodged from its mounts by the impact.

001_zpsb985cbda.jpg

003_zps0c9cf57d.jpg

005_zps4d77448a.jpg

006_zps62b6b094.jpg

007_zpscfc09595.jpg

008_zps728023e9.jpg

011_zpsf3daa5d5.jpg

then heres a couple of shots of the dirty dirty engine as I will forget to take a pic before i clean it

009_zps7d30fee0.jpg

010_zps5a292514.jpg

Bumper and front end back on tomorrow weather permitting :)

• Like 1

Well been back down tonight, fitted everything else on, bumper is a few shades out but will do for moment, the side that was hit has lined up quite nice, its the other side I am not happy with but I can mess around with that anytime, the hardest bit was getting the new mirror glass in LOL.

well here is a few pics starting with the crash bar showing it done what it was supposed too, Crumple. ;)

009_zpsce2501dc.jpg

001_zps4fc651ad.jpg

003_zps5e1f4077.jpg

004_zps5490cbb6.jpg

005_zps6716157a.jpg

006_zpsc3037b16.jpg

007_zpsff84109b.jpg

008_zps4b4027c9.jpg

So sort Bulb out tomorrow and two tyres and its ready for test.

• Like 2

It's brilliant when you see a car transformed like this.

Very well done sir.

• Like 1

Well thank you kind Sir, no we are another day closer to getting shot of our lasses megane :D

• Like 1

that looks a tidy job you have done there putting the focus back on the road fella.

• Like 2

Cheers lads, well today after work, I fitted the new bulb, well a working bulb I had lying around off when I've upgraded bulbs in the past and took both front wheels off and got two part worn tyres fitted so costs so far.

Car £745

Parts £225.98

Tyres £ 40.00

Total £1010.98

Ready for test Monday

• Like 1

Good luck for monday.

Ill have everything crossed and if i get a list of advisories like that other op my tester will get chinned, Im off next week anyway so will be up a mates garage so if it fails at least I can get stuck into it straight away, just hope it passes so I can give mine a bit TLC and its ERG blank lol.

• Like 2

It's not too often we get to see these jobs in such detail from start to finish, I love it.

• Like 2

Nicely done and it's still a real bargain. Enjoy the fruits of your labour :)

• Like 1

Well Mot this morning, and I've just returned with a Pass and no advisories :D

• Like 1

Excellent news mate,

If your looking for me, I'll be hanging from a nearby tree, lol your the jammiest member I know.

• Like 1

An excellent result and a true bargain of a car.

Not many would have had the stones to do what you did.

Fair play.

• Like 2

Cheers Guys and Lenny knowing your look the rope would snap lol.

Well its now at the local hand-wash, dropped it off at 12:30, he looked inside and said comeback at 6pm to collect lol, aparently it will take a while to dry, fair play to them they havnt even asked for more money after seeing the state of it. £35 for full valet inside and out seats cleaned everything.

• Like 1

Cheers Guys and Lenny knowing your look the rope would snap lol.

Well its now at the local hand-wash, dropped it off at 12:30, he looked inside and said comeback at 6pm to collect lol, aparently it will take a while to dry, fair play to them they havnt even asked for more money after seeing the state of it. £35 for full valet inside and out seats cleaned everything.

No the tree would collapse on top of the focus lol

I'd be under the tree saved from impact as it smashed the car lmao

Well done mate those cleaning guys do a fantastic job.

• Like 1

Lenny your a lucky lad too, all those mods and your car looks sweet. on top of that you live in a beautiful country and have the love of a good woman, what more could you ask for ;)

PS Lenny think very carefully before responding to this post as V will read it :ph34r:

• Like 1

Lenny your a lucky lad too, all those mods and your car looks sweet. on top of that you live in a beautiful country and have the love of a good woman, what more could you ask for ;)

PS Lenny think very carefully before responding to this post as V will read it :ph34r:

Another good woman to enjoy it with ;)
  • Like 1

Another good woman to enjoy it with ;)

Kinky this is the FOC forum isnt it :D

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club